website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

What has Mo Farah done that even comes close to Van Niekerk's legendary race? :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

Who cares. We all know that Bolt wins it automatically! ;)

Like last year? Or the year before? :p 

Obviously it's not like it would be undeserved, but I think Van Niekerk deserves it a whole lot more than anyone else. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

55 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What has Mo Farah done that even comes close to Van Niekerk's legendary race? :p

He won despite falling. :p Wayde van Niekerk definitely wouldn't have won if he fell. :evil:

But yeah, this award has Usain Bolt written all over it...

#banbestmen

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Like last year? Or the year before? :p 

Obviously it's not like it would be undeserved, but I think Van Niekerk deserves it a whole lot more than anyone else. 

Hey. Don't counter me with facts! ;)

I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't win it, though. 
But I'm cheering for van Niekerk!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

He's made history too , by winning 5000 and 10000 meters for the 2nd time in a row , he's proven that he's unbeaten in long distance 

Stars of Rio 2016 honoured at third edition of ANOC Awards in Doha

The worthy winners of an ANOC Award for the Olympic Games were:

· Best Female Athlete of Rio 2016: Monica Puig (Tennis), from the Comité Olímpico de Puerto Rico

· Best Male Athlete of Rio 2016: Wayde Van Niekerk (Athletics), from the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee

· Best Female Team of Rio 2016: Team GB Hockey (Hockey), accepted by Hollie Webb, from the British Olympic Association

· Best Male Team of Rio 2016: Team Fiji Rugby Sevens (Rugby Sevens), accepted by Osea Kolinisau, from the Fiji Association of Sports and National Olympic Committee

· ANOC Award for Most Inspirational Performance: Rafaela Lopes Silva, from the Brazilian Olympic Committee

· Most Successful NOC of Rio 2016: Team GB, accepted by Lord Coe

• 2 weeks later...