website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

On 2016-08-26 at 00:17, Майкл said:

Poor Palameika, I felt really sorry for her :( Peaking in the wrong time, at the wrong place... Had she thrown this well in Rio, she would've medalled.

I'm not 100% sold it was about the peaking at the wrong time. Latvia had a poor Olympics, most of their favourites to win the medals plumetted before her and I think it was an added pressure for her to perform well, that she simply bombed out.

Spanish athlete Bruno Hortelano, European 2016 200m champion, just had a car accident.

Although his life is in no danger, he was hospitalized with one of his hand in "critical conditions" according to the emergency service. He is getting surgery rigth know, really hope everything goes alrigth.

Acording to some press he's on risk of amputation, but you definitively can't relay on them in situations like this...

1 hour ago, Jur said:

Spanish athlete Bruno Hortelano, European 2016 200m champion, just had a car accident.

Although his life is in no danger, he was hospitalized with one of his hand in "critical conditions" according to the emergency service. He is getting surgery rigth know, really hope everything goes alrigth.

Acording to some press he's on risk of amputation, but you definitively can't relay on them in situations like this...

Shocking news :cry: He is one of the my favorite athletes :( 

Semenya taking the win in Brussels...in the 400m :lol: 50.40 :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Sandi Morris clears 5.00 meters :bowdown::bowdown:

Don't ask how though...that was a decent bit of luck :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!