website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2021

Totallympics

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Which 10 nations do you have in mind?

From a German perspective I hope that Danilo Riethmüller will win at least one medal again. Not sure about the women’s side though, there doesn’t seem to be a special talent. Germany seems to have the same problem as usual: They just aren’t competitive in cross-country.

I guess on the women’s side Zingerle should dominate at youth level and Shevchenko/Aasne should dominate at junior level, on the men’s side it looks more open.

Germany

RBU

Norway

France

Switzerland

Austria

Ukraine

Italy

Czech Republic

Greenland

Just my guesses.

On 24/02/2021 at 12:13, RobtheAggie said:

Here is the team packet from the upcoming World Junior/Youth World Championship.

Looks like a limited stream for this event. 

It looks like the Individual will not be streamed.  Possible Sprint, Pursuit and Relay's.

Too bad that there won’t be a free live stream. I prefer watching junior events because doping isn’t as big a problem at junior level.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

20 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Germany

RBU

Norway

France

Switzerland

Austria

Ukraine

Italy

Czech Republic

Greenland

Just my guesses.

Surprised about Greenland. I think at least one out of Sweden and Slovenia will medal.

Edit: After reading this I actually see a good chance for Slovenia to finish top 5 in medal table (by number of medals):

https://www.biathlonworld.com/news/detail/who-will-be-the-next-jt-boe-and-lisa-theresa-hauser

Cisar and Repinc seem to be special talents.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Interesting that there won’t be any Norwegians in the youth races tomorrow.

Looking at the start list of the women’s race I would predict at least one medal for Russia (thanks to their superior speed) and the other two medals should go to two out of Zingerle/Michelon/Repinc.

Result isn't final yet, plenty of girls to finish and she'll probably fall off the podium, but with 20/20 (the only one to do so after 53 of 99 girls) that's an excellent race for Ema Kapustova :cheer: @hckošice

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!