website statistics

Ski Jumping at the FIS Nordic Skiing World Championships 2017

hckošice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vogt showing once more what an amazing mental strenght she has, just wow :bowdown:

And Takanashi showing once more that she's the definition of a choker.....I hope she can get it right in Pyeongchang because nobody on earth deserves that gold more than her.. 

Oh well, at least it was a good competition this time, women's ski jumping has seen much worse times with Takanashi winning by a million miles :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

And to think that Takanashi has 53 World Cup wins :lol:

How many women's World cups have been held, 60? :p

You're forgetting that Hendrickson dominated the very beginning :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

FIS NORDIC SKIING

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Vf6fAAMAqQ6sMZHtIeUAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Poles ahead in the qualification

9k=

The Polish athletes presented themselves in a very strong shape in the qualification for the normal hill competition at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Lahti (FIN).

Dawid Kubacki was the strongest athlete in this round with a jump of 99 m and 129.2 points. He was followed by his teammate Piotr Zyla, who jumped on 96 m and scored 126.5 points.

Behind the two Poles, local hero Janne Ahonen provided the highlight for the Finnish hosts. The 39-year-old Ski Jumping legend showed a really good performance on his home hill with a jump of 97 m, that earned him a total of 126.2 points and the third place in this qualification for Saturday's competition.

Evgeniy Klimov of Russia (97.5 m) and Germany's Stephan Leyhe (96 m) tied for fourth with 125.3 points. Behind Taku Takeuchi of Japan, Klimov's teammate Alexey Romashov surprised in seventh.

All Finns qualified

The best Norwegians on Friday afternoon were Johann Andre Forfang in eighth and Robert Johansson in ninth. With Ville Larinto on the tenth place, a second athlete of the Finnish team was in the Top 10 today. Jarkko Maeaettae (29th) and Antti Aalto (34th) also made the cut for the competition and so all four member of Team Finland will get the chance to compete in front of their home crowd.

A close team performance was shown by the Czech Republic with Jakub Janda, Viktor Polasek and Roman Koudelka in 11th, 12th and 14th. Behind Slovenia's Cene Prevc, Austria's Gregor Schlierenzauer, who is making his comeback after his crash in Oberstdorf, was 16th, followed by the two great veterans Noriaki Kasai and Simon Ammann, who tied for 17th.

For a few well-known athletes today's qualification didn't go as well as expected. Richard Freitag (19th), Andreas Stjernen (24th) and Vincent Descombes Sevoie (33rd) had no problems to qualify for the first competition of this WSC, but they will have to improve their performances in order to meet their own expectations.

Kamil Stoch with record jump

Kamil Stoch showed the outstanding performances of the already pre-qualified athletes with a jump of 103.5 m. The Pole improved the hill record of Jurij Tepes by 2.5 m, but he felt some pain in the right knee right after the landing and was limping when he walked out of the outrun. Stefan Kraft (99.5 m), Andreas Wellinger (98.5 m) and Peter Prevc (98.5 m) came closest to the overall World Cup leader. Maciej Kot, who jumped on 97 m, will also be among the favorites for Saturday's event.

The competition on the HS 100 normal hill in Lahti will start on Saturday at 4:30 pm CET.

Qualifications Results Here

Dawid Kubacki

Qualification Winner

Qualification Replay

FIS NORDIC SKIING

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Vf6fAAMAqQ6sMZHtIeUAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women's Individual Normal Hill
Final Results

GER.gif VOGT Carina
254.698.5+96.5

JPN.gif ITO Yuki
252.697.0+96.5

JPN.gif TAKANASHI Sara
251.198.0+95.0

Carina Vogt does it again

9k=

Carina Vogt of Germany is the old and new World Champion in Ladies Ski Jumping. The 25-year old, who achieved two World Cup victories in her career so far, already won her third major title at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Lahti (FIN) after becoming Olympic Champion in Sochi 2014 and World Champion in Falun 2015.

Two Japanese on the podium

Places two and three went to Yuki Ito n Sara Takanashi of Japan. Maren Lundby of Norway could not defend her lead after the first round and came in 4th. Carina Vogt improved her performance in Lahti with every jump since the first trainings on Tuesday. 98,5 meters put her in third place after the first round, chasing Takanashi and Lundby. 96,5 meters and 254,6 points gave her a two-point advantage over Yuki Ito, who came back from 4th place after the first round.

Carina Vogt said afterwards: “It was a perfect competition for me. I´ve saved my best jumps here for today. It is an overwhelming feeling. I have had two tough years. I don’t know my secret at those big occasions. I´m just trying to stay focussed. It was a good season for me so far. Now it is a perfect one.”

Ito again 2nd

Yuki Ito, already 2nd behind Vogt at the last World Championships in Falun, brought in 97,0 and 96,5 meters and gained 252,6 points.

Ito said: “I was able to perform two good jumps and I am very happy with the result. Carina was very strong today. At the Junior World Championships my brother won a medal in the mixed competition. I want to follow him and also win a medal with the mixed team.”

Sara Takanashi, the World Cup overall winner of the running season and 53 times World Cup winner, performed jumps to 98,0 and 95,0 meters. With 251,1 points she won her second medal at an individual competition at World Championships after her 2nd place in Val di Fiemme 2013.

Takanashi said: “I am very happy to have the meal. My first jump was very good, my second could have been better. So my feelings are mixed. But the medal is a very good result. My goal for the season where these World Championships. I wanted gold. With the mixed team I want to give my best and I want to show two very good jumps.”

Lundby losing the medal
Maren Lundby, who won 5 World Cup competitions this season, seemed to be the winner after her 99,5 meters in the first round and three point lead over Takanashi. 91,0 meters in the final and 247,7 points flushed her down the ranking to a 4th place. Ema Klinec was the best Slovenian on 5th place with 99,0 and 94,0 meters and 245,8 points. The German team did not only impress with Carina Vogt. Svenja Wuerth (241,7 points) and Katharina Althaus (239,0) on places 6 and 8 delivered a great team result. The Austrians where also able to place three of their athletes in the top ten.

Autrians in top ten
Jaqueline Seifriedsberger (240,9), Daniela Iraschko-Stolz (229,6) and Chiara Hoelzl (229,0) came in 7th, 9th and 10th. Irina Avvakumova, still in pain after fracturing a rib three weeks ago while a fall in Hinzenbach (AUT), secured a descent 12th place for Russia behind Japan´s Kaori Iwabuchi.

Juniors with good results
Nika Kriznar of Slovenia, with 16 years of age one of the youngest competitors, came in 13th ahead of Yuka Seto and Junior World Champion Manuela Malsiner of Italy. Taylor Henrich was best Canadian on 16th place, local hero Julia Kykkaenen came in 19th.  Lea Lemare was the best of the French team on 20th place. Sarah Hendrickson, World Champion in 2011 in Oslo, finished 23rd for the United States. Xueyao Li secured a nice victory for the Chinese team with qualifying for the final round and finishing 28th ahead of Romania´s Daniela Haralambie.

Full Results Here

Carina Vogt

2017 Individual Normal Hill World Champion

last 5 jumps of 1st Round + last 6 jumps of the 2nd Round

Race Replay

4 godziny temu, bestmen napisał:

wrong prediction again :mirror:

SKI JUMPING

Women's Individual Normal HiIl

Day 2, February 24th, 2017

:JPNSara Takanashi :AUT Daniela Iraschko-Stolz

:WHT Any Other