website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

15 minutes ago, rybak said:

Sad that Gadzhiev again lost a fight for quota, just like in World Championships. I hope that he will qualify via World Qualifier, but I think it will be more difficult, right @MHSN?

well, I think only 2 good/decent wrestlers are left outside of Europe, (Iran and Uzbekistan) if they both qualify. (I hope so :d) Gadzhiev has to face the exact same field of European wrestlers in Bulgaria. he is one of the favorites but he is not the only one. I can name Khinchegashvili and Skriabin. plus Bucur who almost beat Gadzhiev in the first match.

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well, I think only 2 good/decent wrestlers are left outside of Europe, (Iran and Uzbekistan) if they both qualify. (I hope so :d) Gadzhiev has to face the exact same field of European wrestlers in Bulgaria. he is one of the favorites but he is not the only one. I can name Khinchegashvili and Skriabin. plus Bucur who almost beat Gadzhiev in the first match.

I heard that Gadzhiev wasn't too focused here due to personal reasons, it could be reason why he almost lost to Bucur, I believe that he will be more focused and in better form in World Qualifier, he have two months to be better when it matters.

I think that there shouldn't be problem for your and Uzbek guy to qualify by Asian tournament :p

2 hours ago, rybak said:

I heard that Gadzhiev wasn't too focused here due to personal reasons, it could be reason why he almost lost to Bucur, I believe that he will be more focused and in better form in World Qualifier, he have two months to be better when it matters.

I think that there shouldn't be problem for your and Uzbek guy to qualify by Asian tournament :p

he cuts lots of kilos for 65kg. wrestlers like him usually struggle a lot in the first match . the body is not recovered yet, etc.

he is lucky that he has 2 months between these 2 events. otherwise it would be really hard for him to recover and cut weight again.

actually there are lots of problems :p with blind draw they can fall in the same half and meet before the final. but don't worry this is our weakest weight. I don't think we can qualify this weight in Bulgaria. it will be Asian QT or never.

@phelps Italy has a very big team here, missing only 2-3 weights in total to have a full 17-member team (Chamizo is already qualified) . is this a new policy to invest more in this sport ?

or they just found some money under the carpet while cleaning the place and decided to just send everybody to Budapest :d

btw I was comparing the total number of wrestlers with the same event in 2016, interestingly we have more wrestlers this year which is surprising considering the pandemic

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

@phelps Italy has a very big team here, missing only 2-3 weights in total to have a full 17-member team (Chamizo is already qualified) . is this a new policy to invest more in this sport ?

or they just found some money under the carpet while cleaning the place and decided to just send everybody to Budapest :d

btw I was comparing the total number of wrestlers with the same event in 2016, interestingly we have more wrestlers this year which is surprising considering the pandemic

In Italy, Wrrestling federation is associated with Judo and Karate (strange think!), but not witch taekwondo that is indipendent.

In 2021, this federation use to send many atlhetes in competiotions, in reverse of 2020 and 2019. Why? I don't know..Distribution of money, i think

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

I think it's about 50-50...

surely, there's a new policy by our NF (recently a new board has been elected, even if the federation's president is always the same man), but also they got a bit more money from our NOC than in the past...

as said, they manage also Judo and Karate, and all the success we had recently in those 2 sports (also at youth level, even in wrestling we got a few global junior and cadet medals, like Freni, Piroddu and some girls) led our NOC to give them more money...

meanwhile, those youth medals, convinced our federation to give those guys a few opportunities to see if they can translate that early success into senior medals one day or the other...

and of course we're also taking advantage from those foreign wrestlers often training in Italy that nowadays sometimes also decide to switch to our NF (like Conyedo, Kakhelashvili and others to come*)...

*Chamizo is a different story, as he got married with Dalma Caneva when still living between Cuba and New York after he was left out of the Cuban team in 2012 and so he decided to come and wrestle for our Country, even if the Cubans tried to get him back in their team (but it was too late and he's too proud to forget the 2012 disrespect they had for him)...

now we have to see how things develop after this pandemic, because our "small" sports have been hit hard and there's a chance we're going to lose many youngster among those practicing those disciplines (I mean, swimming pools and gyms are still closed here in Italy and "contact" sports are only authorized at olympic level, but they're still stopped for what concerns all the amateur and youth activity, which are the craddle where to find athletes for the future of our National teams)...