website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

A few words on our team and chances. I thought before, that we could better our Rio result, where we had 11 quotas, but now i don't see it happening at all. Given that in Rio each weight had on average 20 competitors, while now they are only 16 is a big hit to middle of the road nations like us.. With only the top 2 earning a place, the draws will be monumentally important as always.

I'm much more confident in the women, so i'll start with them and do the men later today. 

50kg - Miglena Selishka - 95% - Our safest bet in a category, where all the best Euro women already have a quota. Demirhan (TUR) strongest from the list.

53kg - Sezen Belberova - 10% - Pretty much no chance with the likes of Orshush (RUS), Kaladzinskaya (BLR), Blaszka (NED), Mattsson (SWE) in the running. 

57kg - Evelina Nikolova - 65% - If she is injury free, there is a chance, if the draw lands in her way. And this will be her only chance, as i'm certain for the World Qualifier they will choose Bilyana Dudova. Tough field with Bullen (NOR), Barka (HUN), Chumikova (RUS) and Gun (TUR).

68kg - Yuliana Yaneva - 50% - Not sure, if this is the final decision, as Mimi Hristova is also vying for this category. 68 is not titular for either one of them, so a lot of weight play is gonna happen. Yaneva won very surprisingly that World Cup in December, so maybe that played a factor in choosing her. Still, there are a lot of big names in contention - Velieva (RUS), Tosun (TUR), Manolova (AZE), Sadchanka (BLR).

76kg - Mariya Oryashkova - 15% - The girl with the biggest heart and desire to go to the Olympics. She is a 6-time World Sambo Champion, but just can't make the transition to wrestling.  She has been doing it for a few years now and i just don't see any progress. Just as i don't see any hope with the likes of Adar (TUR), Vorobeva (RUS), Marzaliuk (BLR), Solheim (NOR) in the draw.

what are the chances of france going to the olympic games in freestyle wrestling, greco roman and women's wrestling, thank you

5 hours ago, Benolympique said:

what are the chances of france going to the olympic games in freestyle wrestling, greco roman and women's wrestling, thank you

Frankly it will be very, very difficult for France to qualify, especially in these reduced draws. The best shot has Julie Sabatie in the womens 50kg. Ameline Douarre at 62 also has an outside chance. As a whole, you should be looking at the women, because the men are so stacked up, and with only 2 places it would be a miracle to qualify there.

by taking a quick look at the entries , I think these guys are my candidates to qualify. top 2 and 2 next best guys. this is only in freestyle. it was just hard for me to pick favorites in Greco. will be a very close competition, I will write more when we have the brackets.

57kg: :ARM:AZE -- :UKR:GEO

65kg: :AZE:GEO -- :ARM:POL

74kg: :BLR:GEO -- :SVK:TUR

86kg: :BLR:POL -- :AZE:GEO

97kg: :TUR:ROU -- :BLR:ITA

125kg: :RUS:POL -- :AZE:HUN

in Greco this is just the list of favorite wrestlers in no order, I tried to make the list as short as possible. there are some other good guys in the entry list with relatively good chance to qualify.

60kg: :TUR:ARM:AZE:BUL:GEO:NOR

67kg: :ARM:AZE:GEO:HUN:NOR:POL:ROU:TUR

77kg: :AZE:BLR:RUS:SRB:GEO:GER:TUR

87kg: :ARM:AZE:BUL:GEO:RUS:SRB:TUR

97kg: :AZE:BLR:BUL:FIN:FRA:HUN:ITA:NOR:UKR

130kg: :AZE:BLR:ARM:RUS:UKR:ROU

ps: my knowledge is very limited about women's wrestling

Looking at the men's entrants, there could be any combination of qualifiers, because the competition is so even all around. Not confident in any of our guys..

Freestyle:

57kg - Georgi Vangelov - 65% - Our FS "star" has the biggest potential to get the job done. He has given the most constant performance of the whole team, but there is always some mishap. Harutyunyan (ARM) is the biggest name and he is going to get one of the quotas. Anyone that is in his half can cross their luck out. Next on line are Edisherashvili (AZE) and Yatsenko (UKR). Don't know why Lomtadze is not here?

65kg - Vladimir Dubov - 40% - Our veteran is well past his prime and this will be his last hoorah. He has some glimpses of brilliance from time to time, but the draw has to open up for him to have some chance. And with Khinchegashvili (GEO), Aliyev (AZE), Gadzhiev (POL) it probably won't happen. 

74kg - Ali Umarpashaev - 0% - No chance here. Don't know why Miroslav Kirov is not our guy, but it won't really matter. Biggest favorites are Kentchadze (GEO) and Demirtas (TUR). After them we have Kuramagomedov (HUN), Kadzimahamedau (BLR) and Alikahanyan (ARM).

86kg - Akhmed Magamaev - 50% - The naturalized Russian is mostly hit and miss and i probably wouldn't bet on him. This category is very open without clear favorites. I will point out Baranowski (POL), Makojev (SVK), Shabanau (BLR), Gocen (TUR).

97kg - Ahmed Bataev - 20% - Naturalized Russian number 2 and he is not that better either, but when you have no one else... Hushtyn (BLR) and Conyedo (ITA) are the top bets with Baran (POL) and Saritov (ROU) also in the running.

125kg - Georgi Ivanov - 0% - Filler participation here. Sharipov (RUS) and Robert Baran (POL) are the clear favorites, with Magomedov (AZE) and Khramiankou (BLR) in supporting roles. 

Greco-Roman:

60kg - Edmond Nazaryan - 60% - If anyone gained by the OG being delayed, it is our biggest talent for the future. The son of wrestling legend Armen Nazaryan is still only 19 though and was competing in the lower weight so far. Don't know, if the 60kg guys will be a little too stronger for him at this point, but nevertheless he is one of our biggest chances. Top billing goes to Charibyan (ARM) with Berge (NOR), Mammadov (AZE), Torba (HUN) next in line.

67kg - Ivo Iliev - 5% - A new name, with whom i'm not very familiar and first time appearances never go well. An open category, which can go in different ways, but whoever Hungary chooses (either Balint Korpasi or Vancza), Galstyan (ARM), Dadov (AZE) and Thoresen (NOR) are the top names. 

77kg - Aik Mnatsakanian - 10% - The guy with usually the biggest luck will have to generate every prayer he has. This is the most stacked category for me. Roman Vlasov (RUS) is obviously the biggest name here and i'm sorry for those, who will be in his half. The others vying include Viktor Nemes (SRB), Eisele (GER), Suleymanov (AZE), Bolkvadze (GEO)

87kg - Tarek Abdelslam - 50% - The trajectory of Tarek's career is a pitty, as he seems always injured in the last 3 years or so. This is a good sign that he could finally be healthy, since i thought they'd choose Daniel Aleksandrov for this category. Daniel will probably get the chance at the World Qualifier. Biggest favourite here is Davit Chakvetadze (RUS) with Abbasov (AZE), Datunashvili (SRB), Berg (SWE) also with chances. 

97kg - Kiril Milov - 60% - Milov has been going downhill for some time and always looks without a spark in his matches. I really hope he goes motivated, because the field is on his level, after all 6 World Cham. quotas went to Europeans. Depending on the draw, various people can get the quotas - Kakhelashvili (ITA), Baldauf (NOR), Szoke (or Kiss) (HUN), Omarov (CZE).

130kg - Radoslav Georgiev - 0% - Filler participation. Semenov (RUS) and Kuchmii (UKR) are the top contenders. Some chances also for Ciurariu (ROU), Ovasapyan (ARM), Varga (HUN), Chugoshvili (BLR).

interesting news, Russia replaced two Olympic champions Vlasov and Chakvetadze very late .

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/chekhirkin-replace-vlasov-european-og-qualifier

I wonder what's the reason behind this :mumble:... injury or doping ? there is no other way to explain this

These entries seem very provisional, as there are a few changes in our team as well. :d Not that it changes anything.

GR 60 - Ivo Angelov over Edmond Nazaryan

GR 67 - David Dimitrov over Ivo Iliev

GR 87 - Daniel Aleksandrov over Tarek Abdelslam

Hungarian expectations according to the coaches:

Men's freestyle: we expect 1 quota, most likely from Dániel Ligeti (125+), maybe 2 if everything goes perfectly, from István Veréb (84) or Kuramagomedov Murad (74). 

Women's freestyle: we want at least 1 quota, likely from Emese Barka (57), or maybe Zsanett Németh (76)

Greco-roman: we want 1 quota, anything more would be amazing, our best chance is Bálint Korpási (67), and then maybe Erik Torba (60)

So 1-1-1, if we won't disappoint we would add at least 3 quotas to the 4 that we already have. We had 8 wrestlers in Rio. 

I guess I should also post the list of the entire Hungarian team for this event.

Men's freestyle

57 - Gamzatgadzsi Halidov

74 - Murad Kuramagomedov

86 - István Veréb

97 - Milán Korcsog

125 - Dániel Ligeti

Women's freestyle

53 - Szimonetta Szekér

57 - Emese Barka

68 - Noémi Szabados

76 - Zsanett Németh

Greco-Roman

60 - Erik Torba

67 - Bálint Korpási

97 - Alex Szőke

130 - Ádám Varga

:SVK  will enter 3 wrestlers

M Freestyle:

-74 kg: Tajmuraz Salkazanov

-86 kg: Boris Makoev

M Greco-Roman:

-77 kg: Denis Horváth

Not sure about the real chances here, but certainly ths is the strongest line up (in FS) our federation has send to the olympic qualifiers in a while.

Remember last time :SVK competed in Wrestling at the Olympics was 2008 in Beijing when David Musulbes won bronze in the M FS heavyweight, later upgraded to Silver after the DSQ of the uzbek Artur Taymazov for doping