website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

with this new STUPID rule, some wrestlers prefer to be "passive" in the first period. that will help a lot in case of 1-1, which happens in close matches specially in heavier weights.

btw Chekhirkin survived against Georgia by a last seconds pushout. he doesn't look good at all.

few minutes left before the start of important quarterfinals. Russia is really lucky to still have 3 wrestlers alive. both Chikhirkin and Alirzaev scored very late in last 15 seconds to win. for Alirzaev it was a dubious call. they had to review it for 4-5 minutes, can't say if he used his leg or not but Datunashvili was very close to eliminate Russia.

Chikhirkin-Nemes will be the most important match of the QF, Nemes has a "new strategy" here, conceding the first caution and then win the match 1-1 (in case he fails to score in the 2nd period) he could count on his rock solid defense in first two matches but against Russia ? I'm not sure but I have a feeling this match is going to finish 1-1.

also some notable wrestlers got disqualified (most probably failing to make weight) Noumonvi and Kandevaki for example. Alexuc-C also wrestled like a lazy bear and lost to Kosvevic that opens the door for someone new to qualify at 130kg. Poland or Croatia most probably.

so far I saw 2-3 questionable calls , mostly in favor of certain country. but I'm not sure though. it's just hard to follow 3 mats at the same time.