website statistics
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can just see Bruna's shints exploding but she's finishing this damn race I am so proud!

@brunamoura getting some attention from Swedish TV   https://www.instagram.com/p/CL10oZTFVDk/

For those watching the women's skiathlon in a few minutes: @brunamoura is standing on the skier's right after one and a half kilometer or so, at a little uphill and with bright pink glasses to support

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, justony said:

It is so fun, when there are people quite annoyed over success of Slovenia in this Worlds. Not a single medal was surprise, those who watch Nordic sport seriously, are well aware.

I completely agree. And, i will tell you more, Slovenia wasted a gold medal in the women's ski jumping team.

20 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I definitely don’t follow cross country, but I was very well aware of previous results and I was also aware of the fact that 

a) Results in the season usually don’t really matter in sprint, because the top Norwegian/Swedish athletes barely bother

You certainly don't follow cross country when you make that claim.

44 minutes ago, justony said:

It is so fun, when there are people quite annoyed over success of Slovenia in this Worlds. Not a single medal was surprise, those who watch Nordic sport seriously, are well aware.

Wait, there are people annoyed over it's succes or even thinking the medals are surprising? What's next, "wow I didn't expect the Swedish women to win a sprint gold!"? :yikes::rofl: 

Sure, Klinec being the one winning the gold took me by a bit of surprise, but the fact that it was a Slovenian winner....not so much, considering recent weeks :d 

2 hours ago, Agger said:

You certainly don't follow cross country when you make that claim.

a) What is your point (considering that I already stated that I don’t follow it)

b) How has that any relevance for the point I made?

c) If you disagree, then at least try to reason.

d) Your style of „discussion“ is horrible/nonexistent, please work on that or don’t bother quoting me in the future.

You know who wears sunglasses inside?

It’s so fun to watch when there are people who are too stupid/childish/afraid to quote your posts, but still have the need to refer to you. Also very fun when people claim that for example Lanisek winning a medal over Granerud, Stoch or Eisenbichler wasn’t a surprise. Also very fun when people don’t realize that if you have a 50 % chance in 4 different events each to medal, it doesn’t mean that you have a 50 % chance to win all 4 medals (probably they went to „school“ in some third world country). Also very fun to post all this here although it has nothing to do with cross-country, so I guess I just have nothing better to do than to spam this thread ... or maybe I got confused because I constantly have to read about some nobodies from Brazil that have nothing to do with the outcome of the competition.

Disclaimer: Obviously this wasn’t meant for any specific person, otherwise I would have had the common decency to quote that person ...

You know who wears sunglasses inside?