website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I watched a total of 5 mins of women's 30km and 0 mins of men's 50km. Waste of time with these mass starts but of course TV window rules and FIS knows shit.

Would say that the men's race was pretty fine. I would take an interval start any day of the year, but sometimes the mass starts are decent.

Excellent mass start race. Too bad Klaebo pulled a Bolshunov on Bolshunov and both ended up being the losing side :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I watched a total of 5 mins of women's 30km and 0 mins of men's 50km. Waste of time with these mass starts but of course TV window rules and FIS knows shit.

What are you criticizing? Personally I would prefer to only have the following events on the men’s side:

Sprint freestyle

Team sprint freestyle

10 km classic

10 km freestyle

Not sure if the last two should be mass start or interval start. I think that mass start is more interesting, but it could be another easy gold for the best sprinters.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

17 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

What are you criticizing? Personally I would prefer to only have the following events on the men’s side:

Sprint freestyle

Team sprint freestyle

10 km classic

10 km freestyle

Not sure if the last two should be mass start or interval start. I think that mass start is more interesting, but it could be another easy gold for the best sprinters.

Just wait 10 more years and cross country will get rid of any distances over 10 km. Nobody wants to watch 2 hours of 50km mass start boredom and people have a hard time following Norwegian national championships each and every week. Few more years of lipstick Johaug winning by 3 minutes and even FIS will come up with some weird ideas how to cut this nonsense.

2 hours ago, justony said:

This is bullshit, Klaebo had nowhere to go, at least they did not give Bolshunov gold.

Klaebo had nowhere to go because he tried to go into a gap which didn't exist. It's like saying a race car driver had nowhere to go when he could have simply not accelerated in a certain place. Not trying a pass is also a way to go if there's no space. Just like Bolshunov tried to attack Mäki in Lahti when there was just no space for it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!