website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

Totallympics

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Disclaimer: my calculations might very well not be exactly correct.

The battleground states in the women's nation's ranking after today:

nhBzP0J.png

I really wonder, and it's of rather big significance, whether or not Thailand, Australia and Armenia (and South Korea/Lithuania, sure) will send someone to the Engadin World Cup (if allowed, which is another question)...if they don't, that is absolutely Brazil's chance.

Is it safe that Brazil will send their full team to the final World Cup stage? They "just" have to finish a race for getting some points for that list?

Shouldn't Brazil overtake ARM/THA by the end of the interval race already? Just by virtue of having multiple skiers?

Athletes who took part in the qualification race only do get ranked, but whether or not they earn NC points might be a different question.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Disclaimer: my calculations might very well not be exactly correct.

The battleground states in the women's nation's ranking after today:

nhBzP0J.png

I really wonder, and it's of rather big significance, whether or not Thailand, Australia and Armenia (and South Korea/Lithuania, sure) will send someone to the Engadin World Cup (if allowed, which is another question)...if they don't, that is absolutely Brazil's chance.

Two questions: 

- I guess you don’t have the Male Ranking 

- when does the ranking period end? After this WC season or does it continue next season until let’s say January? 

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

For being too good of course. If you can't beat them, ban them!

I have a soft spot in my heart for trolls, but if you want to jump into a discussion, then at least make sure that you know what it is about. (Please don’t answer me if you can’t be bothered to read the discussion from the start)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

Two questions: 

- I guess you don’t have the Male Ranking 

- when does the ranking period end? After this WC season or does it continue next season until let’s say January? 

- That is correct, sorry. It's really a lot of work to make the ranking and keep track of it, I'm afraid I don't have the specific interest for the men which I of course do for the women...

- The way I understand it, it's finished after this season, meaning after the last WC race of this season (which should be the one in Engadin in March)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Shouldn't Brazil overtake ARM/THA by the end of the interval race already? Just by virtue of having multiple skiers?

Athletes who took part in the qualification race only do get ranked, but whether or not they earn NC points might be a different question.

I'm not counting the qualification race, I'm 99% sure it doesn't count for the nation's ranking. It'd be weird if it did, since there is no specific points table for it and using the World Cup one (i.e. maximum points for the win) seems fairly unrealistic and unfair :p 

Brazil doesn't have multiple skiers in the interval race or did we all miss something? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, LowerSaxony said:

Is it safe that Brazil will send their full team to the final World Cup stage? They "just" have to finish a race for getting some points for that list?

That is still in question at this moment :p 

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm not counting the qualification race, I'm 99% sure it doesn't count for the nation's ranking. It'd be weird if it did, since there is no specific points table for it and using the World Cup one (i.e. maximum points for the win) seems fairly unrealistic and unfair :p 

Brazil doesn't have multiple skiers in the interval race or did we all miss something? :d 

Pretty sure it counts! ;)

http://medias3.fis-ski.com/pdf/2019/CC/4350/2019CC4350RL.pdf

#banbestmen