website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

Totallympics

41 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

I did, when she stopped at the end of the finish area. But the camera didn't show that. And yes, I was specifically waiting for Ceci because we are always supporting each other despite of our races against each other in South America

I know you did, was just joking. the camera stopped the moment you ran towards her. and yes was a cool moment, I mean that neverending BRA-ARG hug on the finish line :d

Anyway, congrats for the good race(s), was pleasure to follow and cheer for you, thanks to our latewoodu to introduce you to the Totallympian community. Would be great to see you and support you also in Beijing :)

1 hour ago, brunamoura said:

I did, when she stopped at the end of the finish area. But the camera didn't show that. And yes, I was specifically waiting for Ceci because we are always supporting each other despite of our races against each other in South America

Congratulations on all your hard work & training over the years.  Sometimes sport is cruel because no matter how hard you work you can meet something you have never seen before on the day when it matters most.  But I am sure that no,matter how disappointed you are now, your determination will make you better in the long run.

:thankyou:

41 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I know you did, was just joking. the camera stopped the moment you ran towards her. and yes was a cool moment, I mean that neverending BRA-ARG hug on the finish line :d

Anyway, congrats for the good race(s), was pleasure to follow and cheer for you, thanks to our latewoodu to introduce you to the Totallympian community. Would be great to see you and support you also in Beijing :)

Hey hey, it ain't over yet, team sprint on Sunday! :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Thank you very much!! ?

I am really sorry I couldn't "delivery" the results I was wishing for. I worked so hard for that and I know I can do much better than I did here. What I did here was ridiculous, I simply messed up. 1 year away from my skis, preparing only on rollerskis, without really working on downhills and uphills due to the beautiful Caraguá being a flat city, followed by just one week on snow before the world championships wasn't helpful in terms of technique. I was strong enough to fight until I blow up, but in terms of technique that was terrible. I am a beginner on the downhills. Nothing compared to how strong I am. Honestly, I am ashamed of myself and all in short: I learned a lot from this. Now, focus on fixing the details and you can be sure that I will not stop fighting. I have 11 months to work on the details and earn the Olympic ticket and I will do my best, no matter the costs, to be in Beijing next year.

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Congratulations on all your hard work & training over the years.  Sometimes sport is cruel because no matter how hard you work you can meet something you have never seen before on the day when it matters most.  But I am sure that no,matter how disappointed you are now, your determination will make you better in the long run.

:thankyou:

?? Thank you!!!

Unfortunately I feel like that... I worked so hard and here I got surprised with every detail about this track - and it's not like I haven't been studying this track since long ago because @heywoodu witnessed how much I did. We even made specific trainings for that to kind of simulate the intensity on the uphills. Damn it, we did everything to make sure I would be familiar with the track, but once I had the first experience here that was shocking ???‍♀️ never seen so steep uphills and so dangerous downhills and that kind of snow all in the same track! I was shocked and having a hard fall already in the first day here did not help. Waste of all the work... that's how it feels for me. But ok, shit happens and it changes nothing in my plans to get qualified for the Olympics. I will keep working and do everything I need to reach it.

25 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

Thank you very much!! ?

I am really sorry I couldn't "delivery" the results I was wishing for. I worked so hard for that and I know I can do much better than I did here. What I did here was ridiculous, I simply messed up. 1 year away from my skis, preparing only on rollerskis, without really working on downhills and uphills due to the beautiful Caraguá being a flat city, followed by just one week on snow before the world championships wasn't helpful in terms of technique. I was strong enough to fight until I blow up, but in terms of technique that was terrible. I am a beginner on the downhills. Nothing compared to how strong I am. Honestly, I am ashamed of myself and all in short: I learned a lot from this. Now, focus on fixing the details and you can be sure that I will not stop fighting. I have 11 months to work on the details and earn the Olympic ticket and I will do my best, no matter the costs, to be in Beijing next year.

there is no reason to be disappointed and harsh on your performances. we all know what the conditions were in Oberstdorf. I think it was pretty fine based on all circumstances. and + you are one of the best biathletes in the results list :d:yes

just keep your dreams, keep fighting and training, the reward will surely come. I believe that it will happen in Beijing.

15 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

?? Thank you!!!

Unfortunately I feel like that... I worked so hard and here I got surprised with every detail about this track - and it's not like I haven't been studying this track since long ago because @heywoodu witnessed how much I did. We even made specific trainings for that to kind of simulate the intensity on the uphills. Damn it, we did everything to make sure I would be familiar with the track, but once I had the first experience here that was shocking ???‍♀️ never seen so steep uphills and so dangerous downhills and that kind of snow all in the same track! I was shocked and having a hard fall already in the first day here did not help. Waste of all the work... that's how it feels for me. But ok, shit happens and it changes nothing in my plans to get qualified for the Olympics. I will keep working and do everything I need to reach it.

You deserve loads and loads of respect for pursuing your goals, and pushing cross country and biathlon in your country. I cannot even imagine how much work is needed for becoming a competitor at a World Championships and how hard it must be to align training with private life - especially without much funding from your federation and sponsors I guess. Even though I'm only a couch athlete (at least for the very most of my time): Stick to your goals, keep on fighting, you have my full respect and admiration for your efforts and your past and future performances! :)

44 minutes ago, hckošice said:

there is no reason to be disappointed and harsh on your performances. we all know what the conditions were in Oberstdorf. I think it was pretty fine based on all circumstances. and + you are one of the best biathletes in the results list :d:yes

just keep your dreams, keep fighting and training, the reward will surely come. I believe that it will happen in Beijing.

Especially that. I think throughout the years everyone on this forum has seen so many times where an athlete went in a little too hard (in any sport) and then just completely blew up. It happens. Dutch cycling commentator would say "I hope he/she brought some coins for the meter, because he/she is parking right here." :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!