website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

Totallympics

Oberstdorf looking good :d 

dWTRXJ0.png

egZRzOG.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Downhills are going to be....interesting. Due to the weather, the snow is very soft and so the skis go deep into the snow. Especially the downhills, which are mostly in the sunny part and are already challenging by itself, are going to be a challenge because of this.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Word of today at the world championships track is that the downhills are only getting more and more dangerous and difficult. According to the veteran in the Brazilian team, the snow is now basically ankle deep in some of the curves. It's going to be an interesting challenge...(sadly not on TV, but only on the Eurosport Player apparently, due to the UAE Tour being on Eurosport 1 and - which is just unbelievable - a replay of an Australian Open semi being on Eurosport 2 :facepalm: Luckily I have the Player, but my family members who'd like to watch don't...).

Maybe a mod could move most of the latest posts in the discussion thread here, since they were basically all about the world championships :p

Anyhow, our Totallympic participant has survived the first incredibly tense moment of the championships: yesterday she got tested for COVID-19, the result would be in this morning, but I quickly took a look last night and suddenly a big green check mark and 'Ihr Testergebnis ist negativ!' filled my screen :d 

That doesn't give the definitive green light yet, there's another test coming up tomorrow, but it's definitely a good first step. Hopefully all the other Brazilians will follow as well and the whole big team (three women, four men!) can start as planned.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Maybe a mod could move most of the latest posts in the discussion thread here, since they were basically all about the world championships :p

Anyhow, our Totallympic participant has survived the first incredibly tense moment of the championships: yesterday she got tested for COVID-19, the result would be in this morning, but I quickly took a look last night and suddenly a big green check mark and 'Ihr Testergebnis ist negativ!' filled my screen :d 

That doesn't give the definitive green light yet, there's another test coming up tomorrow, but it's definitely a good first step. Hopefully all the other Brazilians will follow as well and the whole big team (three women, four men!) can start as planned.

Is Jacquie Mourao on the team?

Will Brazilian men enter a relay?

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is Jacquie Mourao on the team?

Will Brazilian men enter a relay?

Jaque Mourão, Mika Picin and of course our @brunamoura are the women's representatives. I'd highly suggest taking a look at Mourão's Instagram for a video of the course, where she shows how deep and soft the snow is (and that's not even close to the worst part)! I'm hoping for all of them to have good results, it's the only chance to possibly get Brazil two tickets for the women or at least have a shot at it. They might not at all be the favourite for it, but if they all fight hard and maybe have a bit of luck, it might be possible.

Didn't hear much about it for a little bit now, but a few weeks ago the plan was definitely for Brazil to enter a men's relay, yes! It'd be a rather international one, with the four members all being based in different countries: Victor Santos (Brazil), Matheus Vasconcellos (Austria), Steve Hiestand (Switzerland) and Manex Silva (Spain), with the latter being by far the leader of the team in terms of results, especially this season he's breaking Brazilian records left and right (although the federation sadly didn't really mention that).

As far as I know the women are scheduled to be in the team sprint as well, which would normally be Jaque and Bruna together. I forgot who are supposed to be in the men's team sprint, but I remember saying I'd go for Steve and Manex and hearing that was probably not going to be the team. I guess Victor and Matheus?

Lebanon will once again be present as well :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLlkUsehPZk/

And Trinidad & Tobago :p

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLls2TgBHT_/

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

Wake me up when some actual new nation appears. :coffee:

Okay, that will be Nigeria.

Especially now I'm significantly more interested in names than athletes, since tomorrow evening when the start list is out I've got to figure out the chances for a good result :p 

The Lebanese shouldn't be much of a problem, although I do hope they've improved since two years ago.