website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread

Quasit

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

OK. Sorry buddy

@Quasit Should I give him my answer, or...?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

So @Olympian1010 what do you say about this one? I'm thinking India or Iran, but may be the other way.

“Melli” doesn’t sound like it comes from Farsi/Persian to me. 

It could be Hindi that’s not a bad guess in my opinion. If I’m not mistaken, I think India’s team is that “Blue (something”).

It doesn’t look like other romanized versions of Amharic words I’ve seen, but my instinct was to guess Ethiopia.

I do not know the correct answer to this question, so I’m just offering my two cents. You should go with what you think is right. I think your guess is as good as mine here. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

“Melli” doesn’t sound like it comes from Farsi/Persian to me. 

It could be Hindi that’s not a bad guess in my opinion. If I’m not mistaken, I think India’s team is that “Blue (something”).

It doesn’t look like other romanized versions of Amharic words I’ve seen, but my instinct was to guess Ethiopia.

I do not know the correct answer to this question, so I’m just offering my two cents. You should go with what you think is right. I think your guess is as good as mine here. 

Thanks for the reply @Olympian1010... I'm still leaning towards India or Iran, but I'm going the latter.

Pts. 32,000

If you cheered for Team Melli, which national football team do you support?

A: Iran   B: India
  C: Ethiopia

D: Egypt