website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Quiz Thread

Quasit

4 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Next, I would like to hear @Olympian1010's advice on this question. :underwater:

I knew Yellowstone was in Wyoming, and I was pretty confident it was in Montana as well. I knew it wasn’t in Utah, since Utah markets their national parks as “The Big 5,” and I’ve been to all of “The Big 5” and Yellowstone wasn’t one of them. That leaves Idaho and South Dakota. I thought Yellowstone was in the western part of Wyoming, and South Dakota seemed too far east. Therefore, I would have suggested Idaho.  

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Quasit said:

@OlympicIRL

So in the end, would you have gone with your instinct of Montana or the advice that it was Idaho?

I would have gone with Idaho if pushed. Montana was my gut instinct but I believe Idaho sounds like a good answer based on both pieces of advice now :d

3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I would have gone with Idaho if pushed. Montana was my gut instinct but I believe Idaho sounds like a good answer based on both pieces of advice now :d

I'll give you the three numbers here: 96%, 3% and 1%.

Of course the major part is in Wyoming.

3% are in Montana.

And you had some dang good experts today, they were absolutely right. 1% Idaho. :d

Pts. 500,000

To which state does about 1% of the 8,897 square kilometres

of the Yellowstone National Park area belong?

A: Montana        B: South Dakota
  C: Utah   D: Idaho 

Yellowstone Road Map

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Thanks also again for playing @OlympicIRL, it was very entertaining and it was you with a large portion of knowledge under pressure today. I guess I can consider you and the others who have played all seasons the "Big Five". :d

That was also the last episode for 2021. The plan is to keep Season 3 running for a bit longer in January for those who have not played before and would like a run.

Season 3 will be over by the end of January and there will be an Olympic break again. :hatoff:

6 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Great logic by both @hckošice and @Olympian1010 . Sorry I didn't take the chance, just didn't want to drop all my points. Thanks to @Quasit for a very fun evening and for helping to broaden my knowledge :)

Yeah that was what I thought, but was definitely not sure and would be really sad for you if I made you lose so many money points. I would played the same being on your place, def would not risk this one neither.

Oh right, the leftover presents. :d

#1 would have been a "Safety Lock", a safety net for the current question to use it on and not drop any points on a wrong answer.

#2 "+25%"; not a lifeline but adds 25% to the total winnings; anything between Pts. 0 and 1,250,000 as a result

#3 "+1,000"; same as above, just the fixed amount of 1,000 points (between Pts. 1,000 and 1,001,000 as a final result)

#5 "Reactivate"; any of the basic lifelines that was out of play could have been used a second time

• 3 months later...

Did a new quiz regarding the football leagues around the world: https://www.sporcle.com/games/vinipereira/world-brands-soccer-leagues

Also made some updates to the Olympics playlist: https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/vinipereira/olympics-quizzes

Honestly, most quizzes should be pretty easy for Totallympics' regulars.