website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Champions League 2016 - 2017

Henry_Leon

8 horas atrás, Henry_Leon disse:

Leicester City won 3/3 = 9pts and 1st place :clap: (OK....is in a weak group :p )

;) goal: MAHREZ (assist: Slimani):ALG

Yes, we joke here that the Leicester and Porto group should play at Thursday's (because it looks like an Europa League group :lol:)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 horas atrás, VolleyRuller96 disse:

Real Madrid - Legia Warszawa 5:1. And Believe or not, I expected much worse :p even worse then the home 0-6 against Borussia. at least they scored the first goal for Polish club in Champions League in 20 years.

I was wondering why the extreme security they placed here in Lisbon when Legia came to play Sporting, now I understand it :thumbdown:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/legia-fans-clash-police-madrid--9073218

Are Legia Warszawa supporters always like this in Poland too? Why aren't they arrested?

45 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

I was wondering why the extreme security they placed here in Lisbon when Legia came to play Sporting, now I understand it :thumbdown:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/legia-fans-clash-police-madrid--9073218

Are Legia Warszawa supporters always like this in Poland too? Why aren't they arrested?

Sadly, yes, Legia's fans or rather hooligans are well known for causing havoc on the streets, especially when a derby or match with especially hated rival is coming, and that unfortunetly is the problem with many football teams' "fans" here. This problem is so big it happens also on non-football matches, just a few days ago hooligans from football clubs Ruch Chorzow and GKS Katowice fought with police near our Spodek Arena in Katowice, where martial arts competition took place. They fought using knifes, axes and even Molotov Cocktails.

They aren't arrested because, sadly there still is silent agreement for this kind of behaviour in our country. I don't want to create some sort of argument aout politics, but especially now with our current government they feel like they have nothing to fear as long as they pretend they are patriotic. The decisions of club boards and players are the problem too - in many cases they instead of trying to fight the hooligans they seem to be fine with them, even calling the normal fans "picnics", some people even say they have made deals with the pseudo-fans in many occasions. Plus the punishments are pretty low so they aren't scared.

Personally I dont think a Polish club should be allowed to play in European Competitions until we have the situation under control.

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

4 minutos atrás, VolleyRuller96 disse:

Sadly, yes, Legia's fans or rather hooligans are well known for causing havoc on the streets, especially when a derby or match with especially hated rival is coming, and that unfortunetly is the problem with many football teams' "fans" here. This problem is so big it happens also on non-football matches, just a few days ago hooligans from football clubs Ruch Chorzow and GKS Katowice fought with police near our Spodek Arena in Katowice, where martial arts competition took place. They fought using knifes, axes and even Molotov Cocktails.

We have that here too sometimes (though in a much light version of hooliganism, the only "weapon" they use are petards sometimes) between the 3 main teams (Fc Porto, Benfica and Sporting). The chairman and board members of those teams spent years and years insulting each other and as a result, those "fans" started to get really angry against their rivals and brought violence to the matches on the past 20 years. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

This happened not only in football matches but to other sports those 3 teams play, ruining those sports (roller hockey, basketball, handball, futsal, non-popular sports that you could go and watch the games peaceful and now it's better to watch it on TV....). 

I have to say though that in the past 2 years the things got a bit better. The hate still exists (and a lot, we have tv shows where "famous" fans from each of the big teams insult each other for 2 hours.....) but I think nowadays that hate between fans happens on facebook and social media only :p

2 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Personally I dont think a Polish club should be allowed to play in European Competitions until we have the situation under control.

Too drastic ..... ;)  This facts happens in many country, not only in Poland (in Italy we know it........) the fines for clubs aren't enough, at fans should be prohibited also matches away from home.

I think is incomplete the decision  by Uefa control and disciplinary against Legia Warszawa:

match as host club behind closed doors (next against Real), and  fined € 80,000,

and their "fans" are free to  travel in Europe for the other matches!!!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...