website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2021

Totallympics

8 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Clayton Kershaw left the game last night with an arm issue but given his post-season struggles over the years it's perhaps not bad for the Dodgers he might be limited in October? He wasn't supposed to pitch in the probable wild card game anyway.

if there's a game #163 for the Dodgers, it's Buehler all the time...especially if Urias starts tonight's game as expected...

by the way, the Yankees (or the Rays, depending on the point of view) are making the AL wild card race really, really interesting...:lol:

right now, the Rays are 7-2 up in today's matchup against the Evil Empire...:cheer:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

if there's a game #163 for the Dodgers, it's Buehler all the time...especially if Urias starts tonight's game as expected...

by the way, the Yankees (or the Rays, depending on the point of view) are making the AL wild card race really, really interesting...:lol:

right now, the Rays are 7-2 up in today's matchup against the Evil Empire...:cheer:

I assume Scherzer gets the wild card start then?

I haven't paid too much attention to Rays this season, after letting Snell walk and trading Adames at the deadline I thought they won't be a viable WS contender anymore. Guess they are still doing something right :p

National League Scores (for games that matter)

San Diego 3-2 San Francisco

Milwaukee 3-8 LA Dodgers

American League Scores (for games that matter)

Baltimore 1-10 Toronto

Boston 5-3 Washington

Tampa Bay 12-2 NY Yankees

LA Angels 4-6 Seattle

NL West title is still up for grabs. Giants can clinch it tomorrow with a win and the Dodgers can force a tie breaker game for the division with a win and a Giants loss tomorrow.

In the AL Wildcard race, the Yankees lost while the Red Sox, Blue Jays, and Mariners all won. This means that the Red Sox and Yankees are now tied for the wild card positions with the Blue Jays and Mariners both a game back. The Red Sox and Yankees can both punch their tickets into the wild card game by winning tomorrow. Should either of them lose, they'll have to hope that both the Mariners and Blue Jays lose or else there will be an extra game to decide who advances. 

Should be a crazy, fun today tomorrow. All games start at 15:00 ET.

15 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I assume Scherzer gets the wild card start then?

I haven't paid too much attention to Rays this season, after letting Snell walk and trading Adames at the deadline I thought they won't be a viable WS contender anymore. Guess they are still doing something right :p

I think the Dodgers are playing with fire...

as they still have a (very remote, imho) chance to win the division, they're wasting Buehler's start tonight (which means that Scherzer most likely will be the starter of either game #163 if needed -on short rest, which is a very high risk, as he has awful stats when pitching on short rest- or the wild card match)...

the Rays simply brought in "wonder Wander" Franco, the soon gonna be unanimous rookie of the year in the AL...

and they're having their usual team effort from the bullpen crew...

so, they're makin' up for Snell's departure and Glasnow's injury (which I also thought it would kill their chances, but instead it didn't)...