website statistics

Your Country's 2020 Sportsman/Sportswoman of the year???

rafalgorka

On 20/12/2020 at 19:16, intoronto said:

:CAN athlete of the year was a tie. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (football) and Alphonso Davies (soccer) were the winners.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article/laurent-duvernay-tardif-alphonso-davies-named-co-winners-canadian-athlete-year/

You mean handegg and football ? :coffee:

I'd go with Pauline Ferrand-Prévot :FRA

Well, here in :GBR Lewis Hamilton won the official award, but I always think race drivers do only about 20% of the work. Tyson Fury was impressive, historically a British heavyweight has to be twice as good as his American opponent to win in Vegas.  Otherwise I’d go for Theo Geoghan Hart for his improvised win in the Giro, but not really the strongest field by the end.  Our best women overall did not get a chance to compete in their big events, so maybe Lizzie Deignan for some good World Tour wins, including La Course.

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

Sportsman: Dominik Szoboszlai, football - huge year for him at Salzburg, signed for Leipzig, scored the winning goal against Iceland

Sportswoman: Tímea Babos, tennis - won the Australian Open and the French Open in Women's doubles with Mladenovic

Team: Hungarian national football team - qualified for EURO 2020, promotion to the highest division in Nations League

Honorable mention to the Hungarian women's table tennis team, they qualified for Tokyo 2020 without any Chinese players. Also, another HM to Ferencváros who qualified for the football Champions League Group Stage. 

Uh, forgot to clarify earlier that these are my opinions. :lol: I just thought that I share it before we get the official ones, who will be announced on January 11th. I wouldn't be surprised if they pick similarly because there aren't many options. 

Premios Charrúa 2020, by the sports journalists association:

• Gold: Giorgian de Arrascaeta  (football)
  • Best competitor abroad: Federico Valverde (football)
  • Best performance abroad: Nicolás Landauer  (yachting)
  • Revelación (youth I guess): Esperanza Pizarro (football)
  • Hazaña (milestone?): Henry Borges (blind judo)

http://www.cpdu.org.uy/destacados/premios-charrua-2020/

- Sportsman: I would say it's pick between Viktor Axelsen (badminton) for his All-England win as the first European and Danish Men's Singles winner since 1999, or Sverri Nielsen (rowing) for his gold at the European Rowing Championships in Men's Single Sculls (M1x). I would personally pick Sverri Nielsen. Maybe because Viktor Axelsen has already won sportsperson of the year before. 

- Sportswoman: Pernille Harder (football). Honourable mention would be Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig (cycling)

- Team of the year: Track cycling 4km Pursuit Team. They set 3 world records during the World Championships. Without a doubt the sports performance of the year from any Danish athletes. 

• Sportsman: Rafa Nadal (Tennis). It has not been his best season, but he won Roland Garros again, and this year that's enough to be considered the best athlete of the year in Spain.
  • Sportswoman: Sandra Sánchez (Karate). I was not sure who to nominate for this category, but if I am not mistaken, Sandra has won all the competitions she has participated this year.
  • Team of the year: Men Handball. They won the Europan Championship in January and qualified for the Olympics.

Carolina Marín (badminton), Mavi García and Albert Torres/Sebastián Mora (cycling), Jon Rahm (golf), Orlando Ortega (athletics), Nikoloz Sherazadishvili (judo), Carlos Llavador (fencing), Gabriel Escobar or José Quiles (boxing) also had some good results this good year.

David Pastrňák became yesterday the :CZE athlete of the Year 2020 ahead of 2nd Ester Ledecká the Ski/Snowboarding super star and in 3rd place the Speed skating legend Martina Sáblíková

The Boston Bruins forward was last NHL regular Season the best goal scorer. He is now the 4th Ice Hockey player ever to win the Czech Athlete of the Year award after the legendary Goalie Dominik Hašek and especially the last hockey winner of the trophy, one of the best players of the history of this sport Jaromír Jágr in 2005, the fourth hockey winner was in the past also Josef Mikoláš.

The Czech Team of the Year was awarded the Mixed Biathlon Relay, and EURO 1976 champion the inventor of the famous penalty Kick Antonín Panenka was honored as the new Hall of Famer 2020 (Sport Legend)

Men - Ronaldo Singh (Cycling) became Wno 1 in junior sprint

Women - Anshu (Wrestling) Won silver in Individual WC in Serbia, beat the defending Olympic bronze medallist twice in Olympic trials .

Team : Indian Boxing Team for securing 9 Olympic Quotas for the first time ever. 

Champions de champions and Championne des championnes 2020 by L'Équipe:

Top 10 men's :

1. Julian Alaphilippe (Cycling) : 960 points
2. Pierre Gasly (Formula 1) : 419 pts
3. Martin Fourcade (Biathlon) : 312 pts

4. Fabio Quartararo (MotoGP) : 256 pts
5. Antoine Dupont (Rugby) : 212 pts
6. Vincent Luis (Triathlon) : 189 pts
7. Kylian Mbappé (Football) : 167 pts
8. Kingsley Coman (Football) : 156 pts
9. Arnaud Démare (Cycling) : 149 pts
10. Émilien Jacquelin (Biathlon) : 58 pts