website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Venue for the NHL outdoor games :wub:

The Games are being played on the shore of Lake Tahoe, which forms the California/Nevada border. I believe the venue is on the California side. Olympic fans should be semi-familiar with Lake Tahoe since Squaw Valley is nearby.

watching the game right now...:cheer:

wonderful location (it's hole #18 of the local golf course, with the clubhouse acting as the main stand for the few invited spectators/press on site)...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

watching the game right now...:cheer:

wonderful location (it's hole #18 of the local golf course, with the clubhouse acting as the main stand for the few invited spectators/press on site)...

Golf Course is quite famous too. They have a big PGA player/celebrity tournament there. I was in the area a couple years back on that weekend, and the town was crazy busy. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

"Drago" is just and simply INDESTRUCTIBLE :smoke:

2 Days after this dirty hit when everybody was certain Erik´s season is certainly over

Spoiler

the kid returned back only 48 hours later to shine again with a Goal, assist and brawl against none else than Anthony Mantha to help his team win. Legend !

Mika Zibanejad collected 6 points for 3 goals and 3 assists during a single period last night :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

In the 2nd period of last night NY Rangers demolition of Philadelphia 9:0 The :SWE / :IRI forward had first 3 goal assists and then scored a hattrick between 29th and 39th minute.

This is only the 2nd time ever someone in the league did it. The 23rd December 1978 Bryan Trottier did the same during the NY derby between Rangers and his Islanders.

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

He also served as a referee during the 2014 Winter Olympics.

Seriously, I am not surprised at all. I can recall many many officials in this sport having really dubious calls even at important international competition and then just laughing on the faces of the players asking for justification of the call. Their arrogance is simply incredible.

I will never forget that asshole Rick Looker laughing on faces of our captain and coach after eliminating us in the 2004 WCH semifinal

The Buffalo Sabres lost their 18th straight game on Monday tying the longest losing streak record. Losing 18 straight games is embarrassing enough but the most recent loss might be the worst since they blew a 3-0 lead heading into the 3rd period.