website statistics

Wrestling 2021 Discussion Thread

MHSN

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

@phelps Chamizo didn't show up in the final. any reason ? just tired ?

he just ruined our trials. :thumbdown: boooooo :p

we were supposed to "watch" Hosseinkhani against one of the favorites in this weight. I don't know if winning gold that way is enough. he beat the guy who beat our other wrestler Emami though but that wasn't convincing.

officially he was slightly injured, the true reason is that he was only interested in keeping the Kazakh guy at bay and be safe as no.1 seed in Tokyo (even if our media probably don't even know that it's still 50/50 to get a Kyle Dake in round #1)...:facepalm:

by the way, I think today he would have lost to Hosseinkhani, since he just won by the smallest of margin against the Kazakh guy himself, the Ukranian he normally beats by superiority every time they face each other, even an unknown German in the preliminary round...

I mean, I'm pretty sure he wasn't even at 50% of his shape (and most likely he wouldn't even participate in this tournament if it was his decision, but he was somehow "convinced" by our coaches)...

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

officially he was slightly injured, the true reason is that he was only interested in keeping the Kazakh guy at bay and be safe as no.1 seed in Tokyo (even if our media probably don't even know that it's still 50/50 to get a Kyle Dake in round #1)...:facepalm:

by the way, I think today he would have lost to Hosseinkhani, since he just won by the smallest of margin against the Kazakh guy himself, the Ukranian he normally beats by superiority every time they face each other, even an unknown German in the preliminary round...

I mean, I'm pretty sure he wasn't even at 50% of his shape (and most likely he wouldn't even participate in this tournament if it was his decision, but he was somehow "convinced" by our coaches)...

It's not 50/50, Kyle Dake can go everywhere in the bracket, he can be drawn against every wrestlers

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure he wasn't even at 50% of his shape (and most likely he wouldn't even participate in this tournament, but he was somehow "convinced" by our coaches)...

is this official ? I mean did he or his coaches said something ?

btw you don't know Hosseinkhani :d he gave heart attack to Iranian wrestling fans so many times before. he is master in losing close matches. and by my count he will be 4th seed in Tokyo. even though I doubt he can go that far to meet Chamizo in the SF. but I hope so!

kind of interesting, as far as I remember despite being active in so many tournaments Chamizo never wrestled Iranian wrestlers in this Olympic cycle. I would love a Chamizo-Hosseinkhani semifinal in Tokyo :d (even though technically Hosseinkhani is not confirmed yet, not sure if winning the gold like that is enough)

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

is this official ? I mean did he or his coaches said something ?

btw you don't know Hosseinkhani :d he gave heart attack to Iranian wrestling fans so many times before. he is master in losing close matches. and by my count he will be 4th seed in Tokyo. even though I doubt he can go that far to meet Chamizo in the SF. but I hope so!

kind of interesting, as far as I remember despite being active in so many tournaments Chamizo never wrestled Iranian wrestlers in this Olympic cycle. I would love a Chamizo-Hosseinkhani semifinal in Tokyo :d (even though technically Hosseinkhani is not confirmed yet, not sure if winning the gold like that is enough)

no, the only source I have is our main sport website, OA...

no words yet by Frank nor the coaches (but they let people intend that he would only make the minimum effort to secure the no.1 seed in the interviews before travelling to Poland)...

28 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

It's not 50/50, Kyle Dake can go everywhere in the bracket, he can be drawn against every wrestlers

I know that...it's 50/50 the chance to have him in the same half of the draw (and therefore facing him before the final)...

technically, it's only 1 out of 20 to get him in round 1, but since it doesn't change anything if he's there in the actual 1st round or in the quarterfinals or in the semis, I just simplified the concept...

but to me it was quite clear what I meant...

15 minutes ago, phelps said:

I know that...it's 50/50 the chance to have him in the same half of the draw (and therefore facing him before the final)...

technically, it's only 1 out of 20 to get him in round 1, but since it doesn't change anything if he's there in the actual 1st round or in the quarterfinals or in the semis, I just simplified the concept...

but to me it was quite clear what I meant...

Now is clear, in the other post you wrote 50/50 to have Dake in round 1.???

Olympic seeding in 3 remaning weights

65kg:

1. :RUS Rashidov - 60

2. :IND Bajrang - 59

3. :KAZ Niyazbekov - 56

4. :HUN Muszukajev - 41

74kg:

1. :ITA Chamizo - 76

2. :KAZ Kaisanov - 69

3. :RUS Sidakov - 60

4. :IRI Hosseinkhani - 32

125kg:

1. :GEO Petriashvili - 80

2. :KAZ Batirmurzaev - 42

3. :TUR Akgul - 40

4. :UKR Khotsianivskyi - 39

@thepharoah do you have any idea who is going to represent Egypt in 125kg ? I assume this was Egypt's trial in this weight as well. both your guys finished 5th.  so who is going ?!

but I have to say most of Iranian wrestling fans thank :EGY Youssif Hemida for what he did here :d we sent two wrestlers here for our own trials. A) a very young talented wrestler who might even have chance for the Olympic gold and B ) a guy who is just a bad matchup for wrestler A and beat him twice recently.

thankfully Hemida did great and beat Amin Taheri (wrestler B) in the QF :clap: and cleaned the way for the other guy Amir-Hossein Zare to win the gold in a dominant way and confirmed his place in Tokyo. that was one of the rare moments I had to cheer against the Iranian athlete :d

btw it seems :ITA Chamizo really made a mess in our trials. our 74kg wrestler is not confirmed yet. Hosseinkhani won the gold but that didn't convince our "technical committee" apparently. they are considering having extra trials. (still nothing confirmed, they are just thinking) that will affect the seeding as well. Hosseinkhani will be the 4th seed if he goes to Tokyo.

personally I was cheering for the other guy. pity they didn't face each other but he lost to the guy who lost to Hosseinkhani. end of discussion. Hosseinkhani is the most hated wrestler here. for the reason I explained ( so many heart breaking defeats in last 15 seconds) but he is the best we have in this weight at the moment.

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

@thepharoah do you have any idea who is going to represent Egypt in 125kg ? I assume this was Egypt's trial in this weight as well. both your guys finished 5th.  so who is going ?!

but I have to say most of Iranian wrestling fans thank :EGY Youssif Hemida for what he did here :d we sent two wrestlers here for our own trials. A) a very young talented wrestler who might even have chance for the Olympic gold and B ) a guy who is just a bad matchup for wrestler A and beat him twice recently.

thankfully Hemida did great and beat Amin Taheri (wrestler B) in the QF :clap: and cleaned the way for the other guy Amir-Hossein Zare to win the gold in a dominant way and confirmed his place in Tokyo. that was one of the rare moments I had to cheer against the Iranian athlete :d

btw it seems :ITA Chamizo really made a mess in our trials. our 74kg wrestler is not confirmed yet. Hosseinkhani won the gold but that didn't convince our "technical committee" apparently. they are considering having extra trials. (still nothing confirmed, they are just thinking) that will affect the seeding as well. Hosseinkhani will be the 4th seed if he goes to Tokyo.

personally I was cheering for the other guy. pity they didn't face each other but he lost to the guy who lost to Hosseinkhani. end of discussion. Hosseinkhani is the most hated wrestler here. for the reason I explained ( so many heart breaking defeats in last 15 seconds) but he is the best we have in this weight at the moment.

We have a tradition in Egypt that whoever wins the quota goes to Olympics, so I guess Diaaeldin Gouda will go not Hemeida