website statistics

Volleyball 2021 Discussion Thread

VolleyRuller96

Qatar is currently 4th best team in Asia, they deserved the quota. (well yeah I know they have lots of naturalized players, I was talking about their level)

they beat Australia twice 3-0 and they would beat Chinese Taipei if they had to play.

andddd 4th title for Iran :champion: 4th in past 6 editions, and it could be 6 out of 6 but our federation stupidly decided to send B/U21 teams to 2015 and 2017 editions :wall:

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

Qatar is currently 4th best team in Asia, they deserved the quota. (well yeah I know they have lots of naturalized players, I was talking about their level)

they beat Australia twice 3-0 and they would beat Chinese Taipei if they had to play.

andddd 4th title for Iran :champion: 4th in past 6 editions, and it could be 6 out of 6 but our federation stupidly decided to send B/U21 teams to 2015 and 2017 editions :wall:

Congrats for champions.

We didn't need any more evidence that Brazilian volleyball has hit the bottom of the barrel, but still our women's team wants to make it absolutely sure. They barely won the South American title, but they still lost the match against Colombia. What a crazy competition where the loser of the match wins the title, but even with the title it's still a shameful day for Brazilian volleyball, for sure.

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

All 24 qualified teams for women's world championship confirmed.

Hosts :NED :POL  

Defending champions :SRB 

CEV :ITA :TUR 

CSV :BRA :COL 

Norceca :DOM :PUR 

CAVB :CMR :KEN 

AVC :CHN :JPN

FIVB World Ranking :USA :RUS :GER :BEL :KOR :BUL :CAN :THA :ARG :CZE :KAZ           

Croatia and France first below the line 🥲. I believe if there was a normal Asian championship Croatia could have made it. But in the end own fault by losing to France in the crucial match. 
And I think that CRO and FRA are better teams than CZE and KAZ. 

6 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

We didn't need any more evidence that Brazilian volleyball has hit the bottom of the barrel, but still our women's team wants to make it absolutely sure. They barely won the South American title, but they still lost the match against Colombia. What a crazy competition where the loser of the match wins the title, but even with the title it's still a shameful day for Brazilian volleyball, for sure.

Okay sure, but does it matter that much? These women seemed so tired, and at least avoided the ultimate embarrassment of losing the championship.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Okay sure, but does it matter that much? These women seemed so tired, and at least avoided the ultimate embarrassment of losing the championship.

Looking only at this game, defeat is totally unimportant. Mainly that Colombia despite being a decent team, Brazil was totally tired.

But I think after all the recent results, the result of this tournament is not acceptable. The mess that was the beach volleyball in this Olympic cycle, the meager results at the base (which are not that recent), the mess that is our national league, with clubs full of debt.

What I'm trying to say is that our volleyball management is terrible. The players are not to blame, but someone else is.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:17 PM, thepharoah said:

Rwanda was disqualified by CAVB after participating 4 ineligible Brazilian players in women's African volleyball championship , the day after the decision Rwandan authorities upheld the tournament due to Corona virus :d 

Can’t complain that the Rwandan Volleyball Federation are not taking this seriously.  :smash:

The vice-president of the Rwanda Volleyball Federation (FRVB), Jean de Dieu Bagirishya, has been arrested following the country's disqualification from the Women's African Championship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/58636929