website statistics

Volleyball 2021 Discussion Thread

VolleyRuller96

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

is this your complete team ? (I mean the best team possible) I watched the 5th set and it was really surprising. I remember Egypt beating our team not long ago (2 years ago actually)

credit to Kenya, they really played 10 times better than what I was expecting

Only very old Abdallah abdelsalam who retired internationally and Ahmed Salah Abdelhay missing , also the middle blocker Mohamed Adel, the main problem is that we didn't prepare a 2nd generation to back up the old players, it's still a very big surprise at the end of the day 

7 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Only very old Abdallah abdelsalam who retired internationally and Ahmed Salah Abdelhay missing , also the middle blocker Mohamed Adel, the main problem is that we didn't prepare a 2nd generation to back up the old players, it's still a very big surprise at the end of the day 

oh I know these 2 guys VERY well. they were playing for your NT since forever :d I remember them when I was very young :lol:

yeah it happens when you keep a group of players for a very long time. you will be weaker for a while until the new generation arrives. Egypt was 19th in the WR, but you will lose some places after this (against one of the teams in bottom of the ranking) you know WR matters a lot because if you fail to make it to the final that's how you can qualify for the World Championship. you have to stay in top 24 at least.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

oh I know these 2 guys VERY well. they were playing for your NT since forever :d I remember them when I was very young :lol:

yeah it happens when you keep a group of players for a very long time. you will be weaker for a while until the new generation arrives. Egypt was 19th in the WR, but you will lose some places after this (against one of the teams in bottom of the ranking) you know WR matters a lot because if you fail to make it to the final that's how you can qualify for the World Championship. you have to stay in top 24 at least.

If you lose from Kenya,  what will u do against elite teams in WCH, it's much better not to qualify 

I was just watching Morocco-Egypt in African Champs, Egypt needed a win to stay alive, Morocco needed 2 sets to win the group but even before the match I knew they didn't want that. but I didn't know much they care about the fairplay  :d the match was normal until 16-12 in the 4th set, Egypt was leading 2-1 but Morocco was bringing the match to the tiebreak, all of a sudden after the technical timeout they decided to play like crap :d from 16-12 to 19-25. that was a 13-3 run for Egypt :lol:

I believe even in a normal situation Egypt was still the favorite in the tiebreak but with "this" Morocco just eliminated Kenya. Morocco picked up the "easier path" to the final and world Championship quota. they wanted to avoid Tunisia which is probably the strongest team here

here is the knockout round map

:RWA vs :MAR

:CMR vs :NGR

:EGY vs :UGA

:TUN vs :COD

17 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I was just watching Morocco-Egypt in African Champs, Egypt needed a win to stay alive, Morocco needed 2 sets to win the group but even before the match I knew they didn't want that. but I didn't know much they care about the fairplay  :d the match was normal until 16-12 in the 4th set, Egypt was leading 2-1 but Morocco was bringing the match to the tiebreak, all of a sudden after the technical timeout they decided to play like crap :d from 16-12 to 19-25. that was a 13-3 run for Egypt :lol:

I believe even in a normal situation Egypt was still the favorite in the tiebreak but with "this" Morocco just eliminated Kenya. Morocco picked up the "easier path" to the final and world Championship quota. they wanted to avoid Tunisia which is probably the strongest team here

here is the knockout round map

:RWA vs :MAR

:CMR vs :NGR

:EGY vs :UGA

:TUN vs :COD

Why the hell do the 2 pools lead by the top 2 ranked teams have the same semifinal bracket for the winners? Is CAVB stupid? 

Rwanda was disqualified by CAVB after participating 4 ineligible Brazilian players in women's African volleyball championship , the day after the decision Rwandan authorities upheld the tournament due to Corona virus :d 

Few questions related to the women’s Asian Championship 2021. 

it seems the tournament was postponed to May 2022. 

but what does it mean for the WCH qualification as two teams qualify directly and the tournament should count towards the ranking as top 11 not qualified yet qualify via ranking. 

Will they now wait until May 2022 to complete the field. Cannot imagine that. 

beside that will now teams which declined participation now take part in 2022 (China, Japan and Korea) ? 

12 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Few questions related to the women’s Asian Championship 2021. 

it seems the tournament was postponed to May 2022. 

but what does it mean for the WCH qualification as two teams qualify directly and the tournament should count towards the ranking as top 11 not qualified yet qualify via ranking. 

Will they now wait until May 2022 to complete the field. Cannot imagine that. 

beside that will now teams which declined participation now take part in 2022 (China, Japan and Korea) ? 

No wait until 2022. China and Japan have already been selected as the 2 asian quota through continental ranking. 

The others (Korea, Thailand, etc) will have to wait for world ranking qualification at the end of this week. 

Oh BTW african championship has been cancelled so african quotas will suffer the same fate.

Just now, LDOG said:

No wait until 2022. China and Japan have already been selected as the 2 asian quota through continental ranking. 

The others (Korea, Thailand, etc) will have to wait for world ranking qualification at the end of this week. 

Oh BTW african championship has been cancelled so african quotas will suffer the same fate.

Not really fair as some teams benefit by not playing e.g Kazakhstan 

but ok, I guess the only way to do it.