website statistics

Volleyball 2021 Discussion Thread

VolleyRuller96

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, vinipereira said:

New Volleyball Nations League format was announced, with 16 teams competing in pools of 8 (round robin phase) and 8 teams in the knockout phase.

This should be much better, after the abysmal past 2 editions. Playing 4 matches in 5(6) days is still overkill, but AT LEAST there is a week break after that.

13 hours ago, vinipereira said:

New Volleyball Nations League format was announced, with 16 teams competing in pools of 8 (round robin phase) and 8 teams in the knockout phase.

I don't think they are dividing teams into two groups. it's more like sending 8 teams to Host city A and 8 other teams to host city B for each week.

after 3 weeks (and 12 matches) they will count all results together and top 8 advance to the QF.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Egypt lost to Kenya 3-2 in men's African volleyball championship in Rwanda, we really became garbage in all team sports only handball is raising the flag high, I'm really sad of how things ended that way 

is this your complete team ? (I mean the best team possible) I watched the 5th set and it was really surprising. I remember Egypt beating our team not long ago (2 years ago actually)

credit to Kenya, they really played 10 times better than what I was expecting