website statistics

Tennis 2021 Discussion Thread

rybak

7 minutes ago, rybak said:

@konig @LDOG @NMQ Nadia Podoroska just beat Serena Williams in second round of Rome Masters 7-6, 7-5!

Yeah, amazing. I know Serena hasn't played since Australia and she isn't a force in clay since 2016, but still, one of the biggest wins ever for argentinian tennis.

Nadia now 3/3 vs top 10 players, incredible. And now she has a very open draw with Osaka and Halep out in her section, let's see if she can keep the momentum.

BTW, it seems Halep had a bad injury. I read she could miss several weeks, hope she recovers well because she really wanted to play in the Olympics.

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Halep with a calf injury, may kiss RG goodbye.  But, what about Kerber - bringing a chair, sitting next to Halep and then carrying her bag for her. :hearts:

Halep and Kerber are friends for a while

44 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Halep with a calf injury, may kiss RG goodbye.  But, what about Kerber - bringing a chair, sitting next to Halep and then carrying her bag for her. :hearts:

That`s about what any good person would do in a moment like that. Also, they have been close lately, playing doubles and training together. 

My knowledge about sports injuries is limited, but I think is 3 weeks minimum best scenario if it´s a soft one, 6+ weeks if it´s severe, right? 

2 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Tsitsipas always losing these long matches on clay. Barcelona final vs Nadal, Rome today vs Djokovic. Also two years ago Roland Garros vs Wawrinka. He needs to finish these matches off.

Last year SF in RG against Novak as well