website statistics

Tennis 2021 Discussion Thread

rybak

10 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

“There is no war in Ba Sing Se.”

This would be comical for how it is written, if her situation wasn't so worrying. Speaks volumes on how China doesn't give a shit about international authorities and consider them too weak and dumb to act, if anyone still had doubts after the last couple of years

Pretty much so, USA just embarrassed themselves in Afghanistan, EU can't handle the immigrant crisis and became a laughing stock after Brexit so China has a free path to become #1 global powerhouse in 15-20 years. They are #2 powerhouse already. China is far & away the biggest long-term winner of the Cold War, USA might have conquered Soviet Union but they failed to acknowledge China growing way bigger than Soviet Union ever was.

The only one in world sport that could make a difference putting out a public statement is IOC. 

If China sees there's any risk of a serious boycott or threat on their games they will let her go quickly.

56 minutes ago, LDOG said:

The only one in world sport that could make a difference putting out a public statement is IOC. 

If China sees there's any risk of a serious boycott or threat on their games they will let her go quickly.

Which won't happen for sorry, maybe this needs big NOCs like USA , Germany, Canada and others starting to refer to boycotting games if nothing serious happened about assuring her safety but I highly doubt also 

46 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Which won't happen for sorry, maybe this needs big NOCs like USA , Germany, Canada and others starting to refer to boycotting games if nothing serious happened about assuring her safety but I highly doubt also 

I think Biden said he is considering a diplomatic boycott (not because of Peng but just in general), although he met with Xi the other day and didn't say anything or even say anything about Covid so who knows.