website statistics

Tennis 2021 Discussion Thread

rybak

Neah, that won't happen, Federer is a broken down dinosaur, Nadal is also missing time with injuries and I'm pretty sure ATP will drop all the money for the Next Gen guys (Sinner, Alcaraz, FAA etc.). Any breakaway series only has sense at the height of the given federation's power (darts & American open-wheel in mid 90s for instance). If the tennis breakaway happened it should have been when the Top 4 was at its top (mid 2010s). Now it's too late IMO.

this really reminds me of kidnapping movies where the kidnapper shows the victim's relatives that she's fine , is it really hard that peng goes live and tells people around the world this message or is she banned from using her mobile for life :D , i know they wouldn't make any investigations because that will open the door for hundreds of same incidents , but at least we want to know that she's fine , she can live without being tortured 

7 hours ago, thepharoah said:

this really reminds me of kidnapping movies where the kidnapper shows the victim's relatives that she's fine , is it really hard that peng goes live and tells people around the world this message or is she banned from using her mobile for life :D , i know they wouldn't make any investigations because that will open the door for hundreds of same incidents , but at least we want to know that she's fine , she can live without being tortured 

Yeah, how obvious can it be? :facepalm: 

The only thing missing is that she's wearing some orange prison jumpsuit and saying "Hello, my name is Peng Shuai and I want to tell everyone I am doing perfect and there is nothing going on and everything I said earlier was actually a lie :) Please stop looking for me, I am super well, I just don't want to compete ever again so I will stay away :) Also, there are no tanks in Baghdad, everything is fine :)"

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!