website statistics

Tennis 2021 Discussion Thread

rybak

36 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I don't know if Sakkari will have anything left for Kontaveit though.

This is also my fear.

Still a great win for Maria, she's had so many top 10 wins this year. And I'm glad she won after Stefanos lost earlier today.

http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-POSTS/November-2021-(1)/WTA-CEO-Regarding-China-s-Censorship-of-Peng-Shuai.aspx?fbclid=IwAR37Ll_H5Dhy4ZPNWHoDaibQgQp3GzteR7MMmVSGdlz7NDhIIkTzAQV1JwI

well let's see if they will cancel tournaments in China if there's no proper investigation , for me what matters is that i see peng live in a good condition and not being captivated in anyway 

Maria :cry:

Still, she had an amazing year. I am so proud of her. She improved her year-end ranking for the 11th straight year. This time, from 22 to 6 or 7 (depending on tomorrow's result).

She made 8 (!!!) semifinals including big tournaments like Roland Garros, US Open, Miami and WTA Finals. Unfortunately she was 1-7 in these semifinals but still she made tremendous progress this year and as a Greek tennis fan I am very proud of her success. It's a pity that so many people in my country hate her and celebrate her losses because she is dating the Prime Minister's son (yet these haters are the same people who always say "love is love" and "support gender equality" etc etc :lol:). By the way I am supportive of everyone and their rights but it's just hypocritical when we had a female politician from the far left party make sexist remarks about Maria and her relationship during the Olympics, that is why I am upset, because this anti-Maria behaviour has become normalised in some parts Greek society (they are a minority but they exist) and she doesn't deserve such treatment. It is so wrong because first of all they shouldn't take their political anger out on a tennis player, and also Maria never made any political statements ever anyways and even if she did, there are other athletes who have which I disagreed with but I still supported them in their careers.

Anyways congrats to Kontaveit, she has been the best player on tour the last few months. 29 of 32 matches won :bowdown:

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

“There is no war in Ba Sing Se.”

This doesn't look like it would be her email, maybe someone wrote this letter instead her? We can't be sure if she ok until we will have an evidence, like someone would see her or at least if she would create an live video for fans on an social media.