website statistics

Tennis 2021 Discussion Thread

rybak

She's done it! Biggest title of Camila Giorgi's career! She beats Karolina Pliskova 6-3 7-5 to win the Canadian Open (I forgot the sponsors' name since it's not Rogers Cup anymore :lol: ).

What a summer for Italy, ESC, Euro 2020, Olympics haze and now even WTA follows suit!

I haven't been this happy since like 2016 when it comes to women's tennis!

E82yp0GWUAAH0gi?format=jpg&name=large

12 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

She's done it! Biggest title of Camila Giorgi's career! She beats Karolina Pliskova 6-3 7-5 to win the Canadian Open (I forgot the sponsors' name since it's not Rogers Cup anymore :lol: ).

What a summer for Italy, ESC, Euro 2020, Olympics haze and now even WTA follows suit!

E82yp0GWUAAH0gi?format=jpg&name=large

Italy is fucking good at all this summer 🔥 But autumn is coming soon 🤪

Sorry but to me she is one of the most rude and disrespectful players so I can't be happy for her, her behaviour over the years has been disgusting. However it is nice to see she seems to finally be becoming mature at age 29, either that or she is less miserable now that she is winning...

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

National Bank Open presented by Rogers ... what a way to squeeze even more sponsorship dollars.

2 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Sorry but to me she is one of the most rude and disrespectful players so I can't be happy for her, her behaviour over the years has been disgusting. However it is nice to see she seems to finally be becoming mature at age 29, either that or she is less miserable now that she is winning...

She's not rude, she simply doesn't show much emotions on court. Like never. Probably very shy to show up in public. Even her interviews are limited to minimum, it's like she wants to get away from the attention as soon as possible. I know she gets negative vibes due to her father who annoys a lot of people but it's not on her at all. I watched all her WTA Katowice finals live in the arena and in the Cornet final like 90% of the audience was cheering for her. She was far & away the most popular player not named Radwanska back then.

16 hours ago, Monzanator said:

She's not rude, she simply doesn't show much emotions on court. Like never. Probably very shy to show up in public. Even her interviews are limited to minimum, it's like she wants to get away from the attention as soon as possible. I know she gets negative vibes due to her father who annoys a lot of people but it's not on her at all. I watched all her WTA Katowice finals live in the arena and in the Cornet final like 90% of the audience was cheering for her. She was far & away the most popular player not named Radwanska back then.

Sorry but I disagree. She is rude and disrespectful to opponents by giving bad handshakes many times which shows poor sportsmanship, especially when she loses.

It's fine if she doesn't show emotions or is shy, but the bad handshakes are rude and classless in my opinion.