website statistics

Swimming 2021 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 10km FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series 2021 has started last Saturday in Doha (QAT)...

:FRA Marc Antoine Olivier (men) and :BRA Ana Marcela Cunha (women) are the winners of the race that opened the season...

more details, here:

https://www.fina.org/news/2064946/golden-olivier-fra-and-cunha-bra-on-the-return-of-marathon-swimming-action

• 2 weeks later...

Kristóf Milák's time at the Hungarian National Championships in men's 200m butterfly: 1:52.50

That's the 5th best ever time in men's 200m butterfly.  I believe that if everything goes well the WR is within reach for him in Tokyo. He's obviously our best chance for a gold in swimming. 

Boglárka Kapás is also looking really strong, 2:06.85 in women's 200m buttefly, that's almost the same time she had at the 2019 Worlds where she won the gold, we can expect a new PB from her in Tokyo. 

Hosszú still looks kinda weak. There's always a chance for a huge improvement before the Olympics, but for now I would advise to not expect a gold medal from her in Tokyo. The COVID break was awful for her, I will be happy if she wins a medal in Tokyo. 

More promising results at our National Championships:

Nándor Németh, men's 100m freestyle - 48.11 (almost new NR and it's only March)

Péter Bernek, men's 400m individual medley - 4:12.60 (PB, we can expect him to be in the Olympic final with a time like this)