website statistics

Swimming 2021 Discussion Thread

George_D

Settecolli meet in Rome (ITA)

best of day #3

women's 50m Free: :DEN Blume, 24.17, :SWE Sjostrom, 24.25, :NED Kromowidjojo, 24.36, :SWE Coleman, 24.58, :NED Heemskerk, 24.69

men's 200m Breast: :NED Kamminga, 2.07.63

men's 200m Free: :HUN Milak, 1.46.39

not much else to mention under an international point of view...

meanwhile, we had a couple of interesting results for what concerns the Italian swimmers...in particular, Francesca Fangio won the women's 200m Breast in 2.23.06, new National record and Olympic qualifying time...

Sara Franceschi was also close to the NR (she missed it out only by 1/100 of a second) by winning the women's 200m IM in 2.10.26 (in this race :HUN Katinka Hosszu was only 2nd in 2.11.61)...

in the same race, but among the men, Alberto Razzetti won with 1.58.34...

the women's 400m Free were won by the home hero Simona Quadarella in an average 4.06 and finally, the guys of the men's 4*200m free relay swam a solid race as a group (all of them between 1.46.8 and 1.47.1), but without any outstanding individual performance...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since nobody cares about swimming and I'm too lazy to make a thread right now, I'm really happy that Savickas took the silver medal in the U20's 100m. Breaststroke.

He's been pretty good and might even be capable to go under a minute before the next Olympics. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If anyone care, previous head of Polish Swimming Federation isnt on his place, mainly because of his failure of registering swimmers to Tokyo and mindunderstaning qualification system. New head of federation is Olympic champion from Athens, Otylia Jędrzejczak. Good luck for her, everyone are hoping that under her Polish swimming will improve.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Women’s records continue to tumble in the NCAA as brave transgender superhero Lia Thomas breaks new boundaries.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10282301/Transgender-UPenn-swimmer-Lia-Thomas-smashes-records-weekend-meets-14-SECONDS-ahead-rival.html

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Women’s records continue to tumble in the NCAA as heroic transgender superhero Lia Thomas breaks new boundaries.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10282301/Transgender-UPenn-swimmer-Lia-Thomas-smashes-records-weekend-meets-14-SECONDS-ahead-rival.html

Yas Queen :bowdown:

I hope they crush everyone at NCAAs next year so I can watch the fallout. :popcorn: