website statistics

Skateboarding 2021 Dicussion Thread

Laraja

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Rayssa :bowdown:

I saw many comments finding her score unfair. That in other competitions this would have given only a 7.0 and even the Dutch had a lower score than she deserved.

I honestly don't know about skateboarding so for me it was deserved, but the reliability of this sport is feeling pretty low to me, which is annoying as it was one of the sports I enjoyed the most in Tokyo.

1 hour ago, hoversaBR said:

I saw many comments finding her score unfair. That in other competitions this would have given only a 7.0 and even the Dutch had a lower score than she deserved.

I honestly don't know about skateboarding so for me it was deserved, but the reliability of this sport is feeling pretty low to me, which is annoying as it was one of the sports I enjoyed the most in Tokyo.

The reaction of the crowd says it all. This is a very difficult trick and we didn't see a lot of those today :dunno:

@hoversaBR @vinipereira

I think they are trying to change the scoreboard for girls.

Because that 0,1,2 points in last worlds and Olympics were terrible

This competition was a little different, we had only 1 run and 4 trick, counting the best 3. 1

And even though the final pontuation was higher than at Olympics.

The trick that gave gold to Rayssa was the best trick of this competition by far. I think she deserved that, but 8+ for that trick, is kinda of no sense, if we compare with men's tricks

I was even expecting she performs that trick at Olympics, because I had seen her doing it during trainings before.

3 hours ago, Laraja said:

@hoversaBR @vinipereira

I think they are trying to change the scoreboard for girls.

Because that 0,1,2 points in last worlds and Olympics were terrible

This competition was a little different, we had only 1 run and 4 trick, counting the best 3. 1

And even though the final pontuation was higher than at Olympics.

The trick that gave gold to Rayssa was the best trick of this competition by far. I think she deserved that, but 8+ for that trick, is kinda of no sense, if we compare with men's tricks

I was even expecting she performs that trick at Olympics, because I had seen her doing it during trainings before.

I honestly didn't have a problem with that, I think in a way it even helps female skateboarding to always look for better performances. One commentator had said that female skaters agreed with this and that it was a way for them to be treated equally for what they did and to always seek to improve.

But it's really weird, as the scores were pretty low and I think it got really confusing. If they really change, I think it will be more attractive for those who want to follow female skateboarding, especially since the Olympics somehow increased the media for the sport a little, at least in Brazil.

• 2 months later...