website statistics

Rugby Sevens 2021 Discussion Thread

SalamAkhi

• 2 months later...

This weekend we finally have international tournament! Some very strong teams will participate. The full list of teams:

Men: :USA :ARG :KEN :ESP :POR

Women: :USA :FRA :RUS :ESP :KEN :POL

More information:http://ferugby.es/termina-la-cuenta-atras-y-el-central-ya-esta-listo-para-el-madrid-rugby-7s

Live stream:

Gutted ... why did they take that much of a risk before the first tournament in one year ... I guess we will not be part of the second one next week also.

At least the girls can play and prepare for the OG qualifiers, but compared to their male counterparts the road to Tokyo is very clear considering the level of the repechages.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2021 Men's World Series:

• September 18-19: Vancouver
  • September 25-26: Edmonton
  • October 29-30: Singapore
  • November 5-7: Hong Kong
  • December 3-4: Dubai
  • December 10-12: Cape Town

2021 Women's World Series:

• October TBC: Paris
  • November 5-7: Hong Kong
  • December 3-4: Dubai
  • December 10-12: Cape Town

• 1 month later...

Sevens has one of the most, if not the most, fucked up calendar nowadays. I understand the situation but every other sport is kind of back to normal, and here we are, still canceling nearly each tournament due to take place. A wonderful 2021 season with 2 tournaments and no Oceania :) Dubai will probably happen but I'm not too optimistic concerning the 2022 edition ...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The 2021/22 Sevens World Series will start the last week of November at Dubai, followed by another tournament at Dubai the next week.

For confusing reasons, Great Britain will play at Dubai, whereas the other rounds will feature England, Scotland and/or Wales.