website statistics

Judo 2021 Discussion Thread

phelps

44 minutes ago, intoronto said:

As in Deguchi is going back to Japan or retiring? Any word on Guica?

According Philippe Crepeau from CBC/Radio Canada Sport, he said that Christa will make a decision in next coming months, the Christa's initial plan is retiring after the Tokyo game but with her objectives are not reached aka Win a gold medal at the world championship and win a gold medal at the Olympic Games

I have no information for Ecaterina Guica ... 

If Deguchi is back for Japan, is very short for Paris ... forrepresent Japan has two rules

- His WRL points will be reset to Zero
- It has the period of 3 years that Christa will not have the right to participate in any competition for Canada 

23 minutes ago, seb851 said:

According Philippe Crepeau from CBC/Radio Canada Sport, he said that Christa will make a decision in next coming months, the Christa's initial plan is retiring after the Tokyo game but with her objectives are not reached aka Win a gold medal at the world championship and win a gold medal at the Olympic Games

I have no information for Ecaterina Guica ... 

If Deguchi is back for Japan, is very short for Paris ... forrepresent Japan has two rules

- His WRL points will be reset to Zero
- It has the period of 3 years that Christa will not have the right to participate in any competition for Canada 

And she must wait 2? years to represent Japan. I think the smart thing to do is have Klimkait or Deguchi move up a category, especially if CBP retires

9 hours ago, intoronto said:

And she must wait 2? years to represent Japan. I think the smart thing to do is have Klimkait or Deguchi move up a category, especially if CBP retires

Judo Canada can reduce the period. Except it's not to Deguchi's advantage to represent Japan. She has no less chance to go to the Olympics.

For weight change, Klimkait already announced that she doesn't want to change weight category to go to Olympics, she wants to stay in 57kg

And with the next WRL update, Deguchi will probably drop out of the top 10. Klimkait will stay #1 in 57kg.

Personally, I'm still not a fan of Nicola Gill's decision to bring Deguchi to represent Canada and compete directly with Klimkait. I know that many have criticized Judo Canada's choice of how to decide between Klimkait and Deguchi for Tokyo 2020

The rules were fair to everyone, and the choice of Klimkait is logical. Klimkait was the better of the two, in 2020-21. 

The new WRL ranking is available, and it's the regular rules, best 5+1 result from last 12 month + best 5+1 result from month 13 to 24

Jessica Klimkait (-57kg) and Baul An (M -66KG) are the only non-European leaders, all other categories are European only

But if Jessica Klimkait doesn't participate at least one event this years, Nora Gjakova will be 1st in December

WRL (World Ranking List) / IJF.org

On 8/21/2021 at 5:48 PM, intoronto said:

I don't think it had anything to do with money. She found her calling in life and decided to pursue it.... ofc it might seem weird to us but to her it was the right decision. 

I don't have more information, but we will have an idea in comings next week. If she will participate in IJF competitions and in Canada Elite 8 in January. 

On 8/22/2021 at 5:46 PM, seb851 said:

According to a well-informed source on Judo Canada Federation, Crista Deguchi have decision not continue for Paris 2024

Sorry, this information is not 100% true .. 

In my opinion, Judo Canada a other 2 years of stress for Klimkait and Deguchi stressfull ambiance... And my guess is that Deguchi will go in 63kg and Klimkait will stay in the 57kg.

Judo Canada announced that their target is 3 medals for the 2024 Olympic Games 

Also, Agbegnenou year-long break 

17 minutes ago, seb851 said:

Sorry, this information is not 100% true .. 

In my opinion, Judo Canada a other 2 years of stress for Klimkait and Deguchi stressfull ambiance... And my guess is that Deguchi will go in 63kg and Klimkait will stay in the 57kg.

Judo Canada announced that their target is 3 medals for the 2024 Olympic Games 

Also, Agbegnenou year-long break 

Does this mean cbp is done?