website statistics

Judo 2021 Discussion Thread

phelps

On 9/6/2021 at 10:50 AM, seb851 said:

Any update about the IJF World Judo Masters 2021 and 2022 that were awarded to the Chinese Judo Federation?

Because Doha is the 2020 Master held January 2021

Alot cancellation several international competitions in china, it is not sure that the next Master will be held in China. 

Update on this topics

The IJF has published the first calendar draft for 2022

image.png

Master 2022 Host  still to be confirmed but the 2022 Masters was awarded to china in 2019.

1 hour ago, seb851 said:

Update on this topics

The IJF has published the first calendar draft for 2022

image.png

Master 2022 Host  still to be confirmed but the 2022 Masters was awarded to china in 2019.

Which means Olympic qualification probably starts in Düsseldorf 

On 9/14/2021 at 4:55 AM, phelps said:

I'm sure there are a few in the heavyweights, but I don't have any name at the moment...

I remember :ITA Ylenia Scapin in the late Nineties, early 2000's switching quite a few times from the -78kg (her "natural weight class") to the -70kg...

she won more than 1 European and World medals in the lower division and twice the Olympic bronze medal in the heavier class (1996 and 2000)...

Do you believe in the possibility that Deguchi will drop the category?

On 9/9/2021 at 9:12 AM, thepharoah said:

:ALG Fethi Nourine and his coach Amar Benikhlef previous silver medalist in men's -90 kg AL Beijing 2008 will be banned for 10 years by IJF after Fethi quit playing an Israeli judoka back in Tokyo 2020 per a local newspaper echrouk 

Here's the news on Arabic in Russia Today : https://arabic.rt.com/sport/1270702-عقوبة-قاسية-بحق-المصارع-فتحي-نورين-لرفضه-مواجهة-إسرائيلي/

Not bad to see some serious action being taken against that nonsense.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, canadamion said:

I have some report like this, Christa Deguchi also drop to 52kg. follow her sister. Also have some report then Klimkait up to 63kg next years...

Stop say Klimkait go up in 63kg, is not true ...