website statistics

Judo 2021 Discussion Thread

phelps

5 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

When is the ban from? If it's 4 year ban means next olympics will be los Angeles for them right (2021-2025)

Backdated from the 2019 Worlds.

The ban doesn't apply to the Olympics though. For 2020 it will have limited effects, but it may wreck havoc with their 2024 qualification.

8 hours ago, NearPup said:

Backdated from the 2019 Worlds.

The ban doesn't apply to the Olympics though. For 2020 it will have limited effects, but it may wreck havoc with their 2024 qualification.

Out of curiousity, where did you see it doesn't apply to the Olympics? All media, including IJF's own press release, seem to point to a four year ban from everything, starting in 2019?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Out of curiousity, where did you see it doesn't apply to the Olympics? All media, including IJF's own press release, seem to point to a four year ban from everything, starting in 2019?

I thought I had read that in the Inside the Games story, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. Looks like I may have been wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

The Hungarian team for the World Championships:

Men
73 kg: Ungvári Miklós, Szabó Frigyes
81 kg: Ungvári Attila, Tóth Benedek
90 kg: Tóth Krisztián, Sáfrány Péter
100 kg: Cirjenics Miklós, Vég Zsombor
+100 kg: Sipőcz Richárd

Women
48 kg: Csernoviczki Éva
52 kg: Pupp Réka
57 kg: Karakas Hedvig, Kármán Andrea
63 kg: Özbas Szofi, Varga Brigitta
70 kg: Gercsák Szabina
78 kg: Mészáros Anett
+78 kg: Szigetvári Mercédesz

• 3 months later...

I can't wait to see how Judo Canada will manage its roster for the next Olympic cycle.

Jessica Klimkait, Shady Elnahas and Arthur Margelidon will continue for Paris 2024

Christa Deguchi's future is uncertain with the Canadian team

Antoine Valois-Fortier is likely to finish

Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard, she will make a decision next year if she will continue for 2024

6 minutes ago, seb851 said:

I can't wait to see how Judo Canada will manage its roster for the next Olympic cycle.

Jessica Klimkait, Shady Elnahas and Arthur Margelidon will continue for Paris 2024

Christa Deguchi's future is uncertain with the Canadian team

Antoine Valois-Fortier is likely to finish

Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard, she will make a decision next year if she will continue for 2024

As in Deguchi is going back to Japan or retiring? Any word on Guica?