website statistics

Handball 2021 Discussion Thread

Vektor

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Iran is going to host the 2022 Asian Men's Championship and our handball federation is looking for a coach, they were looking in past 1.5 years but still nothing.

they claimed they will announce the coach "next week" something like 10 times already but that "next week" never arrived, under pressure from media finally our federation published a list of their candidates. they claim they were very close to sign with each one of these guys in past 18 months but all of them changed their minds in last moment before signing the contract! money was never the problem. it was mostly because of the coronavirus situation here

:ESP David Davis

:CRO Zlatko Babic

:ISL Aron Kristjansson

:ESP Fernando Barbeito

:CRO Slavko Goluza

:CRO Vladimir Sola

:GER Michael Biegler

so there is a job opening here, if any of you guys know something about handball call our handball federation :d just being European is enough.

I was thinking about my personal hero Dagur Sigurdsson (who led Füchse Berlin to an absolutely epic Champions League win over Ademar Leon, arguably the best sports moment I've ever witnessed live, as in at the location/stadium :hyper:, incredible comeback with insanely attacking tactics), but apparently he's coaching the Japanese men for a few years already, including at the upcoming Olympics, cool! :d 

Well then...I'm afraid I have a job already, sorry :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

One more relatively easy Junior European Championship gold for Hungary in women's handball, just like in 2019. We have been sweeping these junior and youth events lately. At some point we have to deliver similar results in the adult competitions with these supposedly very talented generations, right? RIGHT? 

The recent track record for :HUN in these women's U events:

2018 - Silver - Youth World

2018 - Gold - Junior World

2019 - Gold - U17 Euro

2019 - Gold - U19 Euro

2021 - Gold - U19 Euro

There are some serious issues with Hungarian handball if after these results we will still have a mediocre adult team by 2024. 

27 minutes ago, Vektor said:

One more relatively easy Junior European Championship gold for Hungary in women's handball, just like in 2019. We have been sweeping these junior and youth events lately. At some point we have to deliver similar results in the adult competitions with these supposedly very talented generations, right? RIGHT? 

Yes, it might sound like arrogance, but it was actually VERY easy :yikes:.
I watched most of the games (including last four) and it was total domination! 

I already read negative comments about our lack of physicality compared to the others f.e. and there is probably negativity in the air like always, cause let's face it, we have always had many good placings, but won very little...

But hey! it is the first time that we are so far ahead of the rest of the world in youth sector. Idk but the purposes THIS TIME seem very very good, never like today.

HISTORY IS MADE! 

For the 1st time ever our women's u19 team qualify for the junior European championship! I have no words for this amazing and unbelievable result! 

And in August we'll have our boys, for the frist time ever, un the men's junior ECh. 

Amazing moment for Italian handball. 

I got excited looking up our Handball federation's website and seeing the U19 women (also!?) won the U19 championship! But I guess the 'U19 EHF Championship' they won is a division below the 'U19 European Championship' that Hungary won. But hey, at least we won something!:cheer:

Lol, European Handball Federation fined the Norwegian women for not wearing revealing bikini bottoms during the bronze medal game at the European championships, but opting to go for less revealing shorts.

https://www.eurohandball.com/en/news/en/disciplinary-commission-imposes-a-fine-for-improper-clothing/

I wonder how many teams/athletes have been fined before for not showing enough instead of showing too much? :p 

Norwegian federation rightfully said they are completely behind the team and will pay the whole fine without any issue.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Lol, European Handball Federation fined the Norwegian women for not wearing revealing bikini bottoms during the bronze medal game at the European championships, but opting to go for less revealing shorts.

https://www.eurohandball.com/en/news/en/disciplinary-commission-imposes-a-fine-for-improper-clothing/

I wonder how many teams/athletes have been fined before for not showing enough instead of showing too much? :p 

Norwegian federation rightfully said they are completely behind the team and will pay the whole fine without any issue.

Important to add though that the match in question was in beach handball, not regular one. The rule they allegedly broke is stupid anyway.