website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2021 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

Watching live competition from Osijek World Cup at the national television is a sad, sob story...

And always the same thing. The commentators are cheering for every mistake of the home athletes' opponents. It's like they got their commentating degree in Pyongyang.

#banbestmen

51 minutes ago, dcro said:

Watching live competition from Osijek World Cup at the national television is a sad, sob story...

And always the same thing. The commentators are cheering for every mistake of the home athletes' opponents. It's like they got their commentating degree in Pyongyang.

I agree, there is a HUGE difference between want me to win and want others to lose , 

• 2 weeks later...

Camelia Voinea, said on facebook that she and her daughter Sabrina Voinea wanted to leave the country and even asked for recommendation and offers. Our federation doesen’t want Camelia to train Sabrina.

5 hours ago, IoNuTzZ said:

Camelia Voinea, said on facebook that she and her daughter Sabrina Voinea wanted to leave the country and even asked for recommendation and offers. Our federation doesen’t want Camelia to train Sabrina.

I'll be bluntly honest here: Camelia Voinea is completely crazy. Seriously, from the way she dresses to the way she handles her daughter's career, that woman is an total nut job. Sabrina Voinea is very talented, but every time I see a video about her, it looks like she's on the verge of suffering a career-ending injury because her mother has absolutely no tact or decency to correctly direct her training. Of course your federation doesn't want her to train Sabrina; it's just not safe. That woman makes me cringe.

• 2 months later...

I forgot to mention yesterday that I was very impressed with :SRB. The men performed beautifully last year at one of the World Cup stages, and now they have a girl with decent skills. I believe that Serbia will qualify a gymnast for the first time to compete in Paris, maybe even both a man and a woman.

What a horrible broadcast of the Mersin World Challenge Cup. The schedule with 10 finals in 1 day is a mess, and the broadcast suffers because of the terrible organization.

Anyway, good news is that a female gymnast from :LTU won a medal at the World Cup/World Challenge Cup circuit for the first time ever.