website statistics

Football 2021 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

Belenenses came up from the halftime with only 7 (two others were injured) and during the second half another one got injured, thus ending the match.

Not sure if real injuries, but best decision to be done. Absolutely shameful behavior from Portuguese football, this does not belong in an European championship.

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

hopefully they have a better outcome in WC this time :d

"Palmeiras doesn't have a WC title" is probably the longest running joke among brazilian football fans. Of course I want them to win, but I'm fine as long as the team keeps achieving stellar results like this.

11 hours ago, vinipereira said:

"Palmeiras doesn't have a WC title" is probably the longest running joke among brazilian football fans. Of course I want them to win, but I'm fine as long as the team keeps achieving stellar results like this.

I just hope they'll defeat Al Ahly this time :D

On 11/27/2021 at 11:49 PM, maestro said:

Palmeiras beat Flamengo 2-1, to win CONMEBOL Libertadores for a second consecutive season, for a second time in 2021 and for a third time in their history.

Its the third time in three or four years that a Portuguese coach wins the Libertadores (Jesus with flamengo and now Abel Ferreira twice with Palmeiras).

This year has been particularly successful for Portuguese coaches, as also one of ours (Leonardo Jardim) won the Asian champions league :POR