website statistics

Equestrian 2021 Discussion Thread

dcro

Sitting in 7th after dressage day 1 are Fylicia Barr & Galoway Sunrise.

fylicia-barr-galloway-sunrise1.jpg

Her one and only horse, whom she acquired over a suspicious Craigslist ad for $500 over a decade ago.

Just proving for the umpteenth time that the mainstream conception of equestrian sport is just wrong.

#banbestmen

Kentucky Three-day is completed.

https://kentuckythreedayevent.com/leaderboard/

Regarding the Olympic selection, Boyd Martin, Philip Dutton and Tamie Smith are the front-runners for the :USA American team. Where do I sign? :d Yeah, Kentucky Three-day is their main selection event, but I fear Tamie will be left out in favor of some establishment... Granted, she made a mistake on cross-country yesterday (11 pens for activating meme clip), but even so, she still defeated other contenders like Liz Halliday-Sharp, Will Coleman and Lauren Nicholson. We'll see, but Dutton and especially Martin should be considered as Tokyo bound already.

As for the :CAN Canadian team (well, two individual starters)... No idea what happens here. Colleen Loach had a freak fall in the show jumping of all phases, but surely she must be safe (aboard either Qorry Blue or Vermont). Lisa Maria Fergusson is the only one who completed Kentucky, but her horse Honor Me has been past its peak for like 2-3 years now. Karl Slezak fell and is surely out (?). Hawley Bennett-Awad withdrew before the cross-country, so I guess she will be aiming to prove her form elsewhere.

Out of international starters, :AUS Kevin McNab and :NZL Jesse Campbell have proven their form and could just sneak in on their respective teams.

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

This woman is on fire this year. :bowdown:

It would be a great shame if she gets disregarded by the US selectors. Mostly because it is so unusual to see a West Coast rider sweeping an East Coast event like this.

https://eventingnation.com/california-dreaming-tamie-smith-leads-jersey-fresh-cci4-l-and-cci3-l-after-cross-country/

#banbestmen

Damn... This part gave me chills. Quality of movement, background music, the whole package... Always nice to be reminded of the beauty of this sport. :d

Full results (Pferd International CDI4*)... https://results.equestrian-hub.com/show/2005/dressage/32864

@hckošice Bugan made his post-lockdown international comeback. I guess he is preparing for the Europeans in September, for which he qualified today, and secretly hoping for a Tokyo reallocation. :d

#banbestmen

44 minutes ago, dcro said:

@hckošice Bugan made his post-lockdown international comeback. I guess he is preparing for the Europeans in September, for which he qualified today, and secretly hoping for a Tokyo reallocation.

Thanks, that is really great. Hope they will progress and maybe make a huge nation Olympic debut in this sport in Paris.

I know, Tokyo is highly unlikely, and I do not expect any miracle, but, just out of curiosity how many nations would have to decline for Bugan to qualify via reallocation ?

9 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Thanks, that is really great. Hope they will progress and maybe make a huge nation Olympic debut in this sport in Paris.

I know, Tokyo is highly unlikely, and I do not expect any miracle, but, just out of curiosity how many nations would have to decline for Bugan to qualify via reallocation ?

One of Belarus or Ukraine withdrawing would be enough. Probably not going to happen, but as the first reserve (for Group C) he has to be ready.

#banbestmen

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, dcro said:

So sad that this day has come but so proud of Judy and JP for everything they have given us over the last few years and even prouder that she did what is right for JP. Happy retirement Vancouver K :thankyou:

9 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

So sad that this day has come but so proud of Judy and JP for everything they have given us over the last few years and even prouder that she did what is right for JP. Happy retirement Vancouver K :thankyou:

Might as well post a couple of videos from the career-highlight event (Rotterdam Europeans) for this occasion...

Historic team qualification for the Olympics

Individual 5th place. But damn, not a great example of TV directing. :d

#banbestmen