website statistics

Road Cycling 2021 Discussion Thread

Agger

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Štybar, Kreuziger, Černý and Vakoč all were pre-race favorites but missed the moment of the breakaway in the first downhill...now the leading group is 11 and half minutes ahead of the peloton.

we are in the penultimate lap

Genuine question, is one of these Czechs in the lead group even a pro rider? :d (like at least World Tour or ProContinental Tour?)

I have never heard of any of them, and I've heard of many hundreds of cyclists :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Genuine question, is one of these Czechs in the lead group even a pro rider? :d (like at least World Tour or ProContinental Tour?)

I have never heard of any of them, and I've heard of many hundreds of cyclists :p 

Well not really, thats why I wrote the Czech big names fell into trap

the most famous of them should be Mathias Vacek from Gazprom, but the advantage of having more riders in the group has riders of Elkov

14 hours ago, hckošice said:

Juraj Sagan is in hospital with broken collarbone :( Big complication for our Olympic nomination...

well...

Get well soon Juraj !

btw the surgery was successfull (occured 2 days ago) and according to Juraj words he think hat he could manage to prepare himself for the Olympics.

Tonight, the national team coach should announce the names of our pair for Tokyo.

Peter Sagan won his 7th ational title today in Bánovce during the traditional Czech and Slovak national championship with an epic solo in the last 15 km started in the last climb of the race

hdjktkpTURBXy9mOWZlNGFhMWM0MWU5OTUyYzZkO

Overall Results (Road Race 227km):

1. Peter Sagan (BORA_Hansgrohe)  :SVK

2. Michael Kukrle (Elkov-Kasper) :CZE  +30

3. Dominik Neuman (Elkov-Kasper) :CZE  +30

:CZE Championship

1. Michael Kukrle

2. Dominik Neuman

3. Daniel Turek

:SVK Championship

1. Peter Sagan

2. Matúš Štoček

3. Lukáš Kubiš

On 12/06/2021 at 11:30, heywoodu said:

Meanwhile there's one stage to go in the Giro Ciclistico U23 ('the Baby Giro'), and Juan Ayuso, only 18 years old, has basically been destroying everyone the entire week. Won a stage with a sort of flat finish and solo'ed to wins on a stage with a decent climb and semi-flat finish and a stage with a monster climb. He's just not winning every stage because he's not going after every attack, but he is far, far, far and away the best.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/giro-ciclistico-d-italia/2021/stage-9

He'll make his pro debut in a few days.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Not a great week for Dutch cycling.

Maurits Lammertink was walking to get an icecream with his wife and sons, and got hit by a motor scooter. Luckily an ambulance was parked nearby and those people rushed in to help, possibly saving his life. There was talk about a possible injury to his brain, although he is talking now and his condition is described as stable and no longer life-threatening.

Yesterday veteran Koen de Kort was on an off-road trip, by car I assume, when he/they got in an accident. No life-threatening situation (anymore?), but during the emergency surgery they had to remove three fingers from his right hand, on which he now only has his thumb and index finger remaining. According to the doctor, that's at least not the worst-case scenario, as those are the two fingers needed for most of the hand's basic functions.

De Kort was supposed to call it a career after this year, so that's it, I guess..

• 2 weeks later...

Either Grosu completely didn't try, or he had some sort of mishap or fall. Losing nearly two minutes in a 2.5km time trial :yikes: 

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/sibiu-cycling-tour/2021/prologue

Presumably he had something happen of course, sadly.