website statistics

Sprint Canoeing 2021 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Kopasz was also defeated in K2, and not even by our current #1 K2 boat (the one that won the quota a few weeks ago) because they skipped the trials to focus on the ECh. Kopasz can't compete in K1 at the ECh and his chances in K2 got worse, he might actually miss the Games as the current World Champion in K1. 

9 minutes ago, Vektor said:

She has been competing in all 4 with the exception of the 2019 Worlds because of Olympic qualification system, so it's not that crazy from her. I am more worried about that I have no idea how strong she is or NZ in general. For all I know they can win 4 gold medals in women's kayak or not win anything. 

Exactly. So many anomalies are thrown in this. Isolated from everyone due to covid and training as a group because they're in a bubble will either be a detriment due to no overseas competition or a blessing coz everything has been kept under wraps. But to be fair if she doesn't win the gold in her favoured K1 200 that will be a massive shock regardless.

• 3 months later...

Our K4 (Baláž, Myšák, Zalka (replaced Vlček), Botek) just lost to Ukraine lol  at the World Championships in Denmark today...bronze for Czechia

But in other hand we are the only crew winning medals at Olympic Games, World Championships and European Championhips M K4-500 competitions this year 2021

On 9/18/2021 at 2:00 PM, hckošice said:

Our K4 (Baláž, Myšák, Zalka (replaced Vlček), Botek) just lost to Ukraine lol  at the World Championships in Denmark today...bronze for Czechia

Yeah , unbelievable for us (no) 😂