website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

Two :SRI athletes broke South Asian records recently. Now these results are not that impressive, but both results would have qualified for Rio for ex.

Ushan Thiwanka - High jump - 2.30 m

Yupun Abeykoon - 100m - 10.15 

Not familiar with those names......:mumble:  Oh, you must mean my old mates Hetti Thanthrige Ushan Thiwanka Perera & Yupun Abeykoon Mudiyansalage, right?  :p

many people will be extremely happy...

the Swiss Federal Court denied Alex Schwazer in his last appeal to find the way to have his shameful, unfair suspension lifted and so try and earn a spot for the Tokyo Olympics...

now he doesn't have any chance left to fly to Tokyo...major injustice has been done and kept until the end, despite the evidence of a criminal process that demonstrated how a shitty plot was put in place against him...

I wish all those who conspired against him all the worst for the rest of their life...:bones:

8 hours ago, phelps said:

many people will be extremely happy...

the Swiss Federal Court denied Alex Schwazer in his last appeal to find the way to have his shameful, unfair suspension lifted and so try and earn a spot for the Tokyo Olympics...

now he doesn't have any chance left to fly to Tokyo...major injustice has been done and kept until the end, despite the evidence of a criminal process that demonstrated how a shitty plot was put in place against him...

I wish all those who conspired against him all the worst for the rest of their life...:bones:

Ah, I was waiting for the non-subtle death threat in your post, but there it is :)!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile JuVaughn Harrison jumped 2.36m high and also 8.44m far (not at the same time) :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Meanwhile JuVaughn Harrison jumped 2.36m high and also 8.44m far (not at the same time) :yikes:

Damn... I already assumed he achieved two Olympic standards at once... :p

#banbestmen

During Zygmunt Szelest's Memorial in :POL Warsaw Michał Haratyk achieved 22.17 in shot put which is the best result in Europe in this season and fourth best in the world. Also Paweł Fajdek wins hammer throw competition with 78.67 which is the best result in Europe in this season too and second best in the world.

18 year old american Athing Mu wins the 400m at SEC Championships with a new US Junior record time of 49.84

Teenagers from Africa and now american will be making big debut this season and going into Tokyo if they all qualify will make the event very very good against Shaunae Miller-Uibo and the current world champion. An historic and potential world record race at the Olympics?