website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

Anyone knows if there's a "Road to Tokyo" style page for "Road to Eugene"'??? I can't find anything.

Also, somewhere to look at the women's 35km toplist results? It's nowhere to be found and the qualification for that event already started.

3 minutes ago, Jur said:

Anyone knows if there's a "Road to Tokyo" style page for "Road to Eugene"'??? I can't find anything.

Also, somewhere to look at the women's 35km toplist results? It's nowhere to be found and the qualification for that event already started.

Have there even been 35km events already? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, Jur said:

I can’t give you the info you need but I can tell you that Irish 800m runner Mark English got the standard while running to get the standard for Tokyo (last day possible!). There won’t be too many people who qualify for Olympics and world championships with the one race!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Have there even been 35km events already? :p 

Rumors saying the format will be a 35 km race walk M & W mass start event at the same time, but after the race the times for the 2 best males and 2 best females of each country will be counted.

source: Alfons Juck.

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Rumors saying the format will be a 35 km race walk M & W mass start event at the same time, but after the race the times for the 2 best males and 2 best females of each country will be counted.

That sounds very messy and confusing and won’t even work on tv very well.

15 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Oh that sounds fantastic, another event where seeing who is doing well is nearly impossible! :cheer: 

And TV having graphics other than the individual standings during the race? Haha, no way, why would we want that? That would only make things clearer, can't have that :)!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, junior worlds are next week....in Nairobi! 

https://www.worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-u20-championships/nairobi21

Sadly, I don't think any event will have a clearer effect of the lack of spectators (I assume, at least) than this one...the youth worlds a few years ago there were absolutely electric, the whole damn stadium was moving because of all the cheering and dancing and shouting and partying!