website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Swewi said:

What should we think about Alex Wilsons not approved european 100m record? :yikes:

Most people are pretty sceptical: equipment malfunction or miscalibration seems more likely. It was a very low-level event, not much more than a training session.

also the same Alex Wilson said in an interview that he's pretty sure he didn't run any record, most likely he wasn't even below the 10-sec mark (moreover, he confirmed he had a flyer and that there was no regular starting blocks)...

basically, there is no chance for that clocking to be registered as official (unless someone is really corrupted at WA and EAA)...

6 hours ago, phelps said:

also the same Alex Wilson said in an interview that he's pretty sure he didn't run any record, most likely he wasn't even below the 10-sec mark (moreover, he confirmed he had a flyer and that there was no regular starting blocks)...

basically, there is no chance for that clocking to be registered as official (unless someone is really corrupted at WA and EAA)...

Do you have a source for that interview?

4 hours ago, Dragon said:

Do you have a source for that interview?

I only found this in English (the article I read was in Italian...and I think it was a poor translation of the original interview made by the German-speaking newspaper Bern Zeitung)...

https://www.theindianpaper.com/athletics-even-alex-wilson-doubts-his-huge-100m-time/