website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

4 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I hope that USADA is doing their job.

I am not implying anything but improving Barnes' WR who was using PS throughout most part of his career should be carefully checked.

I doubt/hope not that it will be ratified. It was a clear foul (like most of his throws). Not surprised that American athletics doesn’t really care about the rules though ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I hope that USADA is doing their job.

I am not implying anything but improving Barnes' WR who was using PS throughout most part of his career should be carefully checked.

It is more than obvious that he is dirty, but American athletics certainly won’t take another medal contender out of the game. Someone like Ajee Wilson got away without a problem as well. Too bad that American money rules, otherwise the US might be in danger of getting the same treatment as Russian athletics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

It is more than obvious that he is dirty, but American athletics certainly won’t take another medal contender out of the game. Someone like Ajee Wilson got away without a problem as well. Too bad that American money rules, otherwise the US might be in danger of getting the same treatment as Russian athletics.

I agree, money they invest in sports must be payed of, no matter what.

If i am not mistaken, USADA has sole authority over USA athletes, meaning that USA athletes arent tested by independent ADAs. Someone should correct me if i am wrong.

Is that fair? Surely not. One national antidoping agency cant be above all the others. 

50 cm improvement must be checked. If he is clear - well done.

We dont need another Armstrong, Marion Jones or Justin Gatlin. 

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

I doubt/hope not that it will be ratified. It was a clear foul (like most of his throws). Not surprised that American athletics doesn’t really care about the rules though ...

Where is this foul? I can't see it. 

KENYA - Kenyan Team for the Tokyo Olympics

Athletics Kenya unveiled a team of 43 athletes for the Tokyo Olympics, following the Trials held in Nairobi from June 17 to 19.
Among the missing names, 1500m world champion Timothy Cheruiyot (4th), 3000m steeple Olympic and world champion Conseslus Kipruto (DNF) and the 10K road world record holder Rhonex Kipruto (DNF). Hellen Obiri will be entered both in the 5000m and the 10000m. Hellen Obiri (30:53.60) and Geoffrey Kamworor (27:01.06) broke the Kenyan all-comer's record in the 10,000m, as Nicholas Kimeli also ran the fastest ever 5000m on Kenyan soil (13:02.87)

MEN
100m: Ferdinand Omanyala Omurwa, Mark Otieno Odhiambo
400m: Emmanuel Korir
800m: Michael Saruni, Ferguson Rotich, Emmanuel Korir
1500m: Charles Simotwo, Kamar Etyang, Abel Kipsang
5000m: Nicholas Kimeli, Daniel Simiyu, Samuel Chebole
10000m: Geoffrey Kamworor, Rodgers Kwemoi, Weldon Kipkurui
Marathon: Eliud Kipchoge, Amos Kipruto, Lawrence Cherono
3000 steeple: Abraham Kibiwott, Leonard Bett, Benjamin Kigen
400H: Moitalel Mpoke
High jump: Mathew Sawe
Javelin: Julius Yego