website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

21 hours ago, hckošice said:

:SVK team landed in Bulgaria for the upcoming 2nd European League, with the goal to avoid the (I fear the inevitable) relegation together with the DSQ :RUS to the lowest 3rd division.

Since we will compete without many our lead athletes skipping this event like

Ján Volko M 100m/200m&4x100m or Tomáš Veszelka Triple Jump,

also has been decided that Emma Zapletalová already qualified in the 400 hurdles will run only the 400m here and let the 400m Hurdles to Ledecká whom is still fighting for points to the Olympic ranking

The chance to stay in this division are rather in theoretical levels

One surprise is however the return of Lucia Klocová in W 1500m called from retirement just for this championship because we had nobody to send in this discipline lol

200902081_1938969332924177_5754903821411

Apart :RUS DSQ also :AUT and :ISR retired from the competition and thus all the 3 mentioned nations are relegated to the lowest Division III. So at least one good news for our team, no relegation fear

What an absolute monster throw :bowdown: 

Took me a while to figure out his actual distance because American TV kept showing only feet and parts of feet and parts of parts of feet :lol: 

I was definitely expecting him to break Barnes' record at some point. Not sure I was expecting him to obliterate it :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, Crouser moves so....slow. It feels like if he can improve that, he can add decimeters to his distance (if he doesn't lose strength then, of course).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

World champion Cheruiyot has got a problem.