website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

10 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

I have a bad feeling GB could end up with no medals in Atheltics with KJT and DAS underperforming and none of the other decent chances succeeding. Even no gold medals would see funding becoming a big issue. 

DAS underperforming ? Huh ? 

17 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

I have a bad feeling GB could end up with no medals in Atheltics with KJT and DAS underperforming and none of the other decent chances succeeding. Even no gold medals would see funding becoming a big issue. 

One can only hope 

Britain has several option for wining medals in Tokyo, maybe the medal for Johnson-Tompson is in danger but I can see Dina taking at least a bronze, brits tend to do well in the relays and also they have a shot at 800, 1500 in both men & women. 

I predict something between 3 to 6 medals, can't see Britain not taking at least one

:SVK team landed in Bulgaria for the upcoming 2nd European League, with the goal to avoid the (I fear the inevitable) relegation together with the DSQ :RUS to the lowest 3rd division.

Since we will compete without many our lead athletes skipping this event like

Ján Volko M 100m/200m&4x100m or Tomáš Veszelka Triple Jump,

also has been decided that Emma Zapletalová already qualified in the 400 hurdles will run only the 400m here and let the 400m Hurdles to Ledecká whom is still fighting for points to the Olympic ranking

The chance to stay in this division are rather in theoretical levels

One surprise is however the return of Lucia Klocová in W 1500m called from retirement just for this championship because we had nobody to send in this discipline lol

200902081_1938969332924177_5754903821411

37 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Since we will compete without many our lead athletes skipping this event like

Ján Volko M 100m/200m&4x100m or Tomáš Veszelka Triple Jump,

Is Veszelka not chasing the Olympic ranking anymore? He's injured?

I ask because our triple jumper Dimitrios Tsiamis is right above him in the Olympic ranking (Tsiamis is also injured right now but hoping to make Tokyo)

1 minute ago, Makedonas said:

Is Veszelka not chasing the Olympic ranking anymore? He's injured?

I ask because our triple jumper Dimitrios Tsiamis is right above him in the Olympic ranking (Tsiamis is also injured right now but hoping to make Tokyo)

He underwent surgery at the beginning of the year. He didn't race at all this year, as far as I know, he bet everything on the national championship, which will be just before the qualifying deadline the 27th June.

But I have no idea what form he will be in and what performance he is ready to achieve since he did not compete at all this year. The sure thing is however, he will definitely win the national championship (if he starts ofc) becuase logically in Slovakia there is no one who can beat him. So he will get the points for the national championship, but now the question is what will be the performance he will achieve and thus the eventual point bonus to the ranking.