website statistics

Athletics 2021 Discussion Thread

Wumo

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Huh? What's the irony? Reekie & Hodgkinson's results speak for themselves. Sharp has minimal chance to regain #1 UK status at 800m and I presume she knows it full well.

She's had a good career but she's over 30 and unlikely to improve.

I do feel sorry for her at being the victim of bullying by Semenya fans who thought she said worse things about Caster than she did.

What she actually said in 2016 was "“It is out of our control and we're pretty much relying on people at the top sorting it out,” . “The public can see how difficult it is… but all we can do is give it our best.” I can't see much controversial in that

On 19/05/2021 at 19:23, OlympicsFan said:

How is it an European junior record when 5 European women have been faster in the U20?

It was Burgin not Hodgkinson who set the EJR. Hodgkinson's effort was a NR.

4 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

It was Burgin not Hodgkinson who set the EJR. Hodgkinson's effort was a NR.

1) I know that it was an EJR for Burgin

2) Did you even read the comment I replied to?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

It’s a double bill on Sunday night with the Gateshead DL (other thread) and then 30 minutes later the Boston World Continental Gold meet on YouTube.  It’s street racing, but many big names.

https://www.worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-continental-tour/news/adidas-boost-boston-games-lyles-niekerk-mille

4 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

It’s a double bill on Sunday night with the Gateshead DL (other thread) and then 30 minutes later the Boston World Continental Gold meet on YouTube.  It’s street racing, but many big names.

https://www.worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-continental-tour/news/adidas-boost-boston-games-lyles-niekerk-mille

According to the weather forecast it'll be a lovely day in Gateshead until about the time the athletics start. Then we'll have the steady heavy rain as usual.

:wall:

Yesterday in Birštonas, Andrius Gudžius took the WL with a 68.62 in the discus.

Same competition, Indrė Jakubaitytė improved on her W45 Javelin World Record that she achieved a week ago, it's now 54.56.

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) I know that it was an EJR for Burgin

2) Did you even read the comment I replied to?

Yes I did, which is why I was trying to point out that your question was irrelevant given that it was based on false information.