website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Replay Videos

• 2 months later...

Rio 2016

Unfortunately we are still missing some events, so far there not available videos of

- Sailing last days competitions 49er, M 470 , 49erFX, W 470 , Laser ,Laser Radial ,Finn and Nacra 17 classes medal races.

- Equestrian ª Eventing (Individual and Team) ª Jumping (Individual and Team) finals

- Golf the video for the 4th day of Men´s is still not working

- Badminton Women's Singles Gold Match (the video somehow stop after minute 45:15)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I've just found this page. Maybe someone's could help. I can find on olympicchannel via searching engine full replays of boxing matches from Rio but only from days 9 to 16, that is only half of the tournament. Why is that? I had written to them about this omission via their contact link about 2 weeks ago, and nothing change, no answer, no upload of this missing video replays. As I can see some full replays exist, but in many disciplines from Rio only medal contest videos or short extracts. Is it going to change in near future, or maybe not. Do You know, are they going to upload and in sensible way arrenge full video replays from Rio, from every stage of competition, from every discipline as they did from Pyeongchang 2018? This would be wonderful.

32 minutes ago, Gerder said:

Hello, I've just found this page. Maybe someone's could help. I can find on olympicchannel via searching engine full replays of boxing matches from Rio but only from days 9 to 16, that is only half of the tournament. Why is that? I had written to them about this omission via their contact link about 2 weeks ago, and nothing change, no answer, no upload of this missing video replays. As I can see some full replays exist, but in many disciplines from Rio only medal contest videos or short extracts. Is it going to change in near future, or maybe not. Do You know, are they going to upload and in sensible way arrenge full video replays from Rio, from every stage of competition, from every discipline as they did from Pyeongchang 2018? This would be wonderful.

From what I know, nothing will change in the future about Rio 2016 replays, what is done is done. I have worked with them during PyeongChang Olympic Games and this was their answer when I asked them about missing replays. Anyway I have just written to the head of digital department and reported your post to him ;)

Thanks for the answer, but it isn't very  optimistic. Interesting point is, that for PyeongChang this could be done well, for London 2012 as well, there are still full video replays for every competition on YouTube via olympic channel, I don't understand why not for Rio. What's done is done, yeah, but there is always time to improve, it's a matter of willingness, I suppose. Maybe You guys from totallyolimpics should be responsible for uploading video material for Olympic Games, and there it would be done as it should be. This is engagement for passionate persons. Hey, Sindo, if You worked for them already and You are acquainted with "head of digital department of olympicchannel.com", maybe it's You, who could take responsibility for that all and upload all the missing videos for Rio 2016. Why not, perhaps only through searching engine in some kind of rough way. I would do it personally, but i don't know there anybody. Think about it.;)

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry for leveling the thread, but I must express here how inconceivable is the fact that in 2018 (we're not talking about something 50 years ago!), we did not have access to any video record of the great majority of team sports matches at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

This is a historic damage, and I am perplexed with the passivity of both the International Olympic Committee and the sports lovers.

Sad, revolting and shameful.

44 minutes ago, hukbrazil said:

I'm sorry for leveling the thread, but I must express here how inconceivable is the fact that in 2018 (we're not talking about something 50 years ago!), we did not have access to any video record of the great majority of team sports matches at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

This is a historic damage, and I am perplexed with the passivity of both the International Olympic Committee and the sports lovers.

Sad, revolting and shameful.

I’m going to be honest as a video archive person, that when I look for replays, I only look for finals and eliminations. However, I do go back and look for Preliminaries after a while

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 5 months later...