website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Under 20 World Championship 2021

hckošice

6 hours ago, hckosice said:

End of 54 consecutive preliminary round Matches Winning Streak :bowdown: Congrats Russia for this achievement.

Expected compulsory annual blowout for our team, unexpectedly came really late in the tournament this time though. Anyway, we still have to consider we have by far the youngest team, in this age categories, every year is a huge difference. So that is great to see so many talents learning here, remember, the majority of this team will be returning players in the next 2 tournaments, some of them even at the next 3 championships. + one of the supposed biggest talents of our hockey actually Dvorský is now 15 years old and may get a chance already next year.

Germany (or rather 1st line) is just fantastic (again speaking about their 1st line) Stutzle, Peterka, Eliaš..omg that is some pure hockey beauty. + Moritz Seider and Reichel sadly missing this time. Unbelievable generation.

I think at Full strength they could have had a chance to make the semifinal. Canada, Russia and Sweden seem to be too good, but maybe Germany at full strength could have surprised Finland/USA. It’s quite ironic that this is the first time that Germany made the quarterfinal, when they were playing the first 3 games with only 14 players available and without 2 of their 3 best players (including Seider, who probably would have been the best dman at this tournament). Looking at Peterka‘s stats in this tournament, I feel good about my take on draft night that he should have been a first round pick. In a couple of years Germany could Land some upsets at senior level with this generation + Draisaitl.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

:CZE completed the Quarterfinalists beating in the do-or-die game :AUT  7-0.

Austria the newly promoted team finished dead last of the tournament, with 1 single scored goal, but since this year there were no lower divisions due to covid pandemic and obviously no team has been promoted into next years top division, no team will be relegated from the elite as well and Austria will play the Top division tournament also the next year.

So the :USA .

Sadly, I must say that I was afraid of this the most. From all teams in this tournament I watched, the USA were the most impressive. I am pretty sure there no hope for us, this will end very ugly and in a double digit blowout.

USA are for me the top favorite for the gold there, especially their performance againt the Czechs was just WOW. So fast and at the same time strong with puck possesion, so skilled and hard worker for the whole 60 minutes, they will run the score even if it is 20:0 until the very last second. + guys like Zegras and Caufield are a bunch of absolutely stunning players already more than ready for the NHL

10 shots on goal for us will be a success I am afraid.

The worst possible opponent we could get in this tournament and already in the QF.

but oh, well, at least it will be another great precious and free schooling for our youngsters.

Thursday December 31st, 2020 -

Preliminary Round

LAST DAY

RESULTS(GMT -7)

Group A
Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7)

Canada CAN.gif 4 - 1 FIN.gif Finland
Period-by-Period: 1-0, 2-0, 1-1
December 31st 2020, h. 16:00, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Group A Final Standing

Nation
P
W(OTW)
L(OTL)
GF
GA
+/-
Pt.
CAN.gif Canada
4(0)
0(0)
+29
FIN.gif Finland
3(0)
1(0)
+8
GER.gif Germany
2(1)
2(0)
SVK.gif Slovakia
1(0)
3(1)
SUI.gif Switzerland
0(0)
4(0)

Group B
Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7)

Czech Republic CZE.gif 7 - 0 AUT.gif Austria
Period-by-Period: 0-0, 4-0, 3-0
December 31st 2020, h. 12:00, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Sweden SWE.gif 0 - 4 USA.gif United States
Period-by-Period: 0-2, 0-2, 0-0
December 31st 2020, h. 19:30, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Group B Final Standing

Nation
P
W(OTW)
L(OTL)
GF
GA
+/-
Pt.
USA.gif United States
3(0)
1(0)
+20
RUS.gif Russia
3(1)
1(0)
+7
SWE.gif Sweden
2(0)
2(1)
+5
CZE.gif Czech Republic
2(0)
2(0)
AUT.gif Austria
0(0)
4(0)

Nations Qualified for the Quarterfinals (8/8)

• CAN.gif Canada
  • CZE.gif Czech Republic
  • FIN.gif Finland
  • GER.gif Germany
  • RUS.gif Russia
  • SVK.gif Slovakia
  • SWE.gif Sweden
  • USA.gif United States

DAY 7 HIGHLIGHTS

900muzik703954.jpg

Czech Republic CZE.gif 7 - 0 AUT.gif Austria
Period-by-Period: 0-0, 4-0, 3-0
December 31st 2020, h. 12:00, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Goals:
27. Kubíček (Raška, Vitouch) 1:0, 33. Lang (Haš, Svozil) 2:0, 39. Lang (Myšák, Kubíček) 3:0, 40. Přikryl (Mužík, Beránek) 4:0, 42. P. Novák 5:0, 57. Jiříček (Vitouch, P. Novák) 6:0, 60. Myšák (Lang, Teplý) 7:0

DAY 7 HIGHLIGHTS

5fee85f3d7cc4.image.jpg?resize=1396,956

Canada CAN.gif 4 - 1 FIN.gif Finland
Period-by-Period: 1-0, 2-0, 1-1
December 31st 2020, h. 16:00, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Goals:
4. Cozens 1:0, 27. Holloway (Pelletier, Schneider) 2:0, 33. Krebs (Byram, Zary) 3:0, 59. Cozens 4:1 – 46. Lambert (Niemelä, Pärssinen) 3:1