website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Under 20 World Championship 2021

hckošice

Ok, it is Time.

Obviously our youngsters (the youngest team in the last 20 years of World Juniors with three 16 years old and one other 17 years old) going to be strongly schooled tonight. Nobody is having any illusions, we will lost it, just hopefully not too dirty.

So guys, just go to the ice and enjoy this match against 20 of the best players of the world in the under 20 age category, fight and enjoy the experience you´ll remember the whole life.

Just please keep it in single digit, please ! :)

Sunday December 27th, 2020 -

Preliminary Round

Day 3

RESULTS (GMT -7)

Group A
Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7)

Finland FIN.gif 4 - 1 SUI.gif Switzerland
Period-by-Period: 1-1, 1-0, 2-0
December 27th 2020, h. 12:00, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Slovakia SVK.gif 1 - 3 CAN.gif Canada
Period-by-Period: 0-1, 0-0, 1-2
December 27th 2020, h. 16:00, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Group A Provisional Standing After Day 3

Nation
P
W(OTW)
L(OTL)
GF
GA
+/-
Pt.
CAN.gif Canada
2(0)
0(0)
+16
FIN.gif Finland
2(0)
0(0)
+5
SVK.gif Slovakia
1(0)
1(0)
SUI.gif Switzerland
0(0)
2(0)
GER.gif Germany
0(0)
2(0)

Group B

Czech Republic CZE.gif 2 - 0 RUS.gif Russia
Period-by-Period: 0-0, 1-0, 1-0
December 27th 2020, h. 19:30, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Group B Provisional Standing After Day 3

Nation
P
W(OTW)
L(OTL)
GF
GA
+/-
Pt.
USA.gif United States
1(0)
1(0)
+9
SWE.gif Sweden
1(0)
0(0)
+6
RUS.gif Russia
1(0)
1(0)
CZE.gif Czech Republic
1(0)
1(0)
AUT.gif Austria
0(0)
1(0)

DAY 3 HIGHLIGHTS

-GojGVYrQjnExHzp8q6-7g~F-nsko-vaj-iarsko

Finland FIN.gif 4 - 1 SUI.gif Switzerland
Period-by-Period: 1-1, 1-0, 2-0
December 27th 2020, h. 12:00, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Goals:
5. Lundell (Simontaival) 1:1, 25. Pärssinen (Niemelä, Lambert) 2:1, 51. Aku Räty (Lambert, Niemelä) 3:1, 57. Simontaival (Lundell, Hirvonen) 4:1 – 4. Biasca (Fust, Allenspach) 0:1

DAY 3 HIGHLIGHTS

E1uomcaNTLfX42pkmjMmnQ.1280~MS-v-hokeji-

Slovakia SVK.gif 1 - 3 CAN.gif Canada
Period-by-Period: 0-1, 0-0, 1-2
December 27th 2020, h. 16:00, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Goals:
59. Chromiak (Faith) 1:2 - 5. Spence (Tomasino, Mercer) 0:1, 57. Tomasino (Cozens) 0:2, 60. Quinn 1:3

wow! very good game by young Slovak team...

but I saw they are quite good already on the opening day when they won against the Swiss guys...

and based on how the Fins played against the same Swiss team, I think SVK might even have a shot to make an upset (surely, I expect them to beat the Germans and easily go through to the quarterfinals)...

and then, what a win for the young Czechs against Russia...I really didn't expect them even to save their faces against the mighty Russians after the blowout they took against the Swedes...

so, it might be that in the quarterfinals we're going to see a few more interesting match-ups than I did fear after the first couple of days of action...:p

35 minutes ago, phelps said:

wow! very good game by young Slovak team...

but I saw they are quite good already on the opening day when they won against the Swiss guys...

and based on how the Fins played against the same Swiss team, I think SVK might even have a shot to make an upset (surely, I expect them to beat the Germans and easily go through to the quarterfinals)...

and then, what a win for the young Czechs against Russia...I really didn't expect them even to save their faces against the mighty Russians after the blowout they took against the Swedes...

so, it might be that in the quarterfinals we're going to see a few more interesting match-ups than I did fear after the first couple of days of action...:p

Absolutely.

However, I am a bt worried about the game vs the Germans, we have looong history of playing a hell of a game against favorites and then the next day mess up completely against "weaker" team.

+ Our youngsters left a lot of energy in a physically extremely demanding thriller last night and they will have to play immediatelly the next night and likely the most important match of the turnament against a rested team of Germany which will be able to field also new returning players from that forced quarantine.

+ I expect them to want show to the world that the 2-16 was a special circumstances one timer and they are much more competitive (which we know they pretty well are around Stutzle, Eliaš and Peterka).

Anyway, the most important thing from this tournament is that we have some very interesting propects for the future and they are learning a lot these days. We may be rewarded for this in some 2-3 years with some quite interesting team at the Juniors worlds and that some good news also for Cortina 2026.

The Czechs were absolutely fantastic. Huge team play. So happy for them. Great heart and team spirit after the debacle from SWE, to return and outplay this way such strong Russian squad.

Bravo.

Monday December 28th, 2020 -

Preliminary Round

Day 4 Schedule (GMT -7)

Group A

CET 03:30 (29.12.)

Slovakia SVK.gif vs GER.gif Germany
Period-by-Period:
December 28th 2020, h. 19:30, Rogers Place, Edmonton

Group B